G400 on Via MB question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 on Via MB question....

Looks like we have a lot of via & g400 experts around here. I have looked through boards on this and could not find anything so I hope somebody can help me on this...

I have just installed the G400 on the FIC2013 Via based Motherboard. All runs good & stable; PowerStrip reports that AGP is enabled and on, and is running at 1x, but, after reviewing the PowerStrip settings there is no DMA or DIME mode enabled??? -the "n/a" circle is checked. This is reported under the "DirectX OpenGL" tab.

So what gives??? How can I enable DMA or DIME mode??? The G400 was in an BX chipset based motherboard and it was running fine in DIME mode.

Any Ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Do you have it set in your motherboard BIOS to give video an IRQ?
    Do you have the AGP drivers loaded for your motherboard?
    And the Matrox cards are DME by default they don't do DMA mode AGP, they are the only manufacture to use DME mode AGP.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel-

The video card has and IRQ assigned and I loaded the Via 4-1 drivers and selected the "Turbo Mode" option. That does contain the AGP driver- right??.

The system seems to perform very well. Just curious why the "DIME" mode doesn't work.

Oh, and BTW- The via system had a g200 in it before the g400. I ran the matrox un-install program before installing the G400 drivers. All driver versions match yours and followed the procedure on you web page. It's very handy and I used it before with the G200/via setup.

Comment

Joel- Double checked the options on you G400 configuratiuon page and I missed two things:

AGP Aperture Size :128M Mine: 256M
        DRAM Read Pipeline :Enabled Mine: Disabled

Swithed these two things and ... It WORKED!!!

Hopefully it's stable. Will let you know.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
        X