G400 + WorldCraft 3.3 + Via Chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + WorldCraft 3.3 + Via Chipset

For some reason I cannot use the new WorldCraft 3.3, since I obviously need PD version more than 5.41. But, with my VIA Chipset I can not run anything above 5.41. I have tried WorldCraft 3.3 with 5.41 and 5.30.
    With 5.30 it crashes when I set the 3D view to render with textures, and when I use 5.41 the textures is all white (I can see decals(?) thou).
    Please help me!!

have you tried the recently released PD6 drivers??
    many VIA users report great results with most if not all issues resolved...

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

I have tried them now, but no change... when i have them i can not use the computer since my desktop looks corupt with lines and dots all over and no icons or such... (well, something have changed since it was magentacolored lines before, and now they are red)
      Anything u need to know bout my system please ask, i need help!!

Comment

White lines and dots on the Windows desktop generally indicates a hardware problem. These are the sort on anomalies one sees when overclocking memory.

If your board is clocked at spec, you could be having a bad heat problem.

It would be a good idea to post your system specs and give us an idea of how you're installing your drivers. It sounds like you have a real mess on your hands.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Well, the lines are not white, but magenta colored... but I guess thats not relevant here...
          What is relevant is that it only is like this when I use PD version higher than 5.41

Specs:
          G400 32 DH not max and no overclocking
          (it doesnt have a fan, only a "spike" thing)
          EPoX EP-6VBA2 mobo with VIA 133A chipset
          Intel Pentium III 600 @ 600
          uhm... anything else you need to know?

Comment

Its your VIA chipset motherboard. Ditch that P.O.S. and everything will be fine.

I still have no idea why people buy them. You have to jump through hoops and hope yopu have the "zen" to make anything work with them. Hell, not even VIA drivers always work with VIA motherboards. Thats a big clue right there.
            Abit BX6 Rev.1
            Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
            192 meg RAM, CAS2
            13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
            6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
            HP8110i 4x2x24
            Pioneer DVD-104
            SB Live! 1024
            USB ZIP 100
            G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
            Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
            YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

Oh, gee thanks.. thats exaclty what i need to get it to work... *duh*
              i HAVE noticed that it doesnt work as i think it should.. i got it because a friend told me it was good.. i gonna kick his ass when i see him next time..
              well if you can think of anything that would actually help, please tell!

Comment

Working...
              X