****Virus Alert****!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****Virus Alert****!!!!!

There is a new one going around today. If you get any mail messages with subject: Funny, Jokes text, Jokes.txt, Life Stages text, Life stages or Life_Stage.txt - don't open them

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 20 June 2000).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

THANKS !!!!!!!!!

------------------
    PIII650cu@728(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound MX400 ,IntelliMouse Explorer

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I already received it @ work.
      If you open it under a non M$ operating system, well it's nothing but a harmless little VB script
      BeOS rulz

------------------
      Cloudy
      Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
      2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
      Cloudy
      Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
      2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

Or you can change the associations for .vbs files so that they do not execute automatically when double-clicked, but instead open in notepad by setting the default action for .vbs files from open to edit.
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Or better yet, use a non-MS app to read mail

Comment

JohnT, if you've got the windows scripting host installed (standard in win98), then launching those attachments from any email program will execute the virus. impact's solution is better.

--
            Andrew
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

This one caught out the RAAF (airforce) here in Australia yesterday. Took out the entire WAN network.

Luckily they were prepared (not well enough ) and it only took a couple of hours to fix..

Comment

Agallag -

No, I don't use W98 when I connect to the internet. Instead, I use NT4 - is there an equivelent in NT4 and where do I disable it As SOP, I wholesale delete all spam without ever opening it.

In Netscape, you can do this by selecting a known good msg, hold down the Ctrl key, select all of the spam, then click on the known good msg again to not delete it, and delete the garbage. Then empty the trash folder to remove it from your hd.

JohnT

Comment

Working...
                X