winME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Hey you mean the sys a: and format/s a: commands do not work under WinME?????????

GD
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

gd:

Yup, that's correct. Quite a clever move from MS, not.

Comment

That was always one of the most annoying things... but how often do you use floppies anymore? There is a reason Apple went with computers that have no floppy drives. Even linux can be installed and fully used without using boot floppies anymore.

The only two applications i have used within the last 6 months of using Win2k and the past 10 months of using Mil. that required a boot floppy were the bios upgrade program (and you should have a boot floppy for that laying around. a Windows 98 boot disk will be sufficiant to access the FAT32 partition so you can keep all of it on the hard drive) and Partition Magic (eh, really not all that useful anyways).

You can also make a EBD for WinME then delete all the non-important files off of it as well.

-Luke
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I've been saying this for years and here is my confirmation.....

Intel gets round Windows boot floppy problem Posted Thursday, June 29, 2000
          Intel is about to introduce a new BIOS update process for its newer mobos which gets around the difficulty users of Windows 2000 and ME have in creating a bootable floppy.

With the new Express BIOS Update, users will be able to update the BIOS on an Intel mobo from within Windows. The utility is around 1MB in size and certainly sounds foolproof. After downloading it from Intel's support Web site, three mouse clicks take the user through an installation wizard and the system then automatically shuts down, updates the BIOS and reboots.

C:\DOS
          C:\DOS\RUN
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
          X