Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with MPEG4 DVD CODEC and TV-output

Hi,

I have a Matrox Millennium G400 DH. When I'm trying to play back an AVI-file with DivX;-) MPEG4 DVD Video Codec compression, the movie is OK on my computer but not on my TV (using the DVDMax playback function ... not the clone). Almost every second, the movie is freezing for just a fraction of a second. The result is that he's skipping some frmes almost every second. Any solution?

Hi.

Your problem sounds very similar to the well-known problem of outputting NTSC DVD's to PAL TV and vice versa. If your Avi files is NTSC type (29.97 fps) and you output that to PAL-TC you will get this with DVD max. There is no cure for this, unless you have a multi-standard TV that you can feed NTSC videos in as NTSC and PAL as PAL. (You'll have to change the output standard of DVDMax in the Display Settings).

More expertese on this topic you will most likely find in the desktop video forum...

M.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

You'll find a long and informative discussion of this problem here:
      http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000489.html

Good Luck!
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
      X