I got a few G400Max questions if you could answer please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a few G400Max questions if you could answer please

I am looking to buy a G400 Max in about 4 days time. I have some questions about the card that I hope you can answer.

1. Can any DVD's that I play be shown on the Primary display? becasue I have a 19" on primary and 15" on secondary and I want it to be on 19".

2. Does it have hardware MPEG2 assist? or is it software decode? in which case should I get rid of my creative DXR2 decoder?

3. Does it allow video overlay? i have a tv tuner card and I want to use it with the G400 Max, will it work?

4.Can I watch a dvd on the primary and surf on the secondary? or vice versa?

5. I have an AMD Duron 650@950 on Asus A7V mobo with 128mb PC100sdram. Are there any knows issues when using with this hardware setup?

Thanks and I hope you can answer them.

I can answer a couple questions...

1) Yes as far as I know, though I don't have a DVD player.

2) Yes it can do software decoding. Better or worse than hardware?? I don't know.

3) I have no idea.

4) Probably, but I don't know for sure.

5) There should be no problems if you use the latest drivers and the latest VIA 4in1 drivers.

good luck. Good choice in cards.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

1)Yes
      2)No not as standard - software only. There is only hardware scaling.
      3)It has one overlay, on the first head only. Works fine with my BT878.
      4)Not tried it, but AFAIK you can. Depends on the DVD player you use. Also you will need a fast enough CPU.
      5)Not heard of issues, but I haven't researched it. Someone in this group probably knows though

Comment

The software decoding may look better than that pos dxr2.....
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I can answer your last question

I have an Asus w/ t-bird 700@900 with no probs. I have my G400 overclocked to almost MAX speeds.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I believe it's yes to all 5 points

But the big question is what are you going to do with all that 950MHz power? I hope you'll use it to help the Matrox Users seti team!

And, DosFreak, I thought the DXR2s were good? I almost bought one - are they any good? The reason I was interested was because I've got an SBLive!

Paul.

------------------
            Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
            Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
            Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
            Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The Dxr3 is an Hollywood+ in Disguise.

The Dxr2 is some crappy pos decoder by Creative. It's also a 2yrd old decoder card. Bleh!
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
              X