No announcement yet.

busmastering kills my dual 866 PIII with VIA chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought your problem was fixed, DGhost. Both Matrox and NVIDIA have recommended that users open the AGP aperture to 256 if experiencing stability or performance problems. In addition, all video caching and snooping should be disabled.

I find it ironic that there is now a second version of the AMR slot, the CNR slot, and still nothing to stick in it.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. problem is still existant, i was tired and knew what i meant at the time. Looking back, i' still trying to figure it out tho.

All caching/snooping should be disabled. will check next reboot.

CNR acctually allows network cards as well as audio/modem cards to be put in it. The 694D does not support network cards tho, as it does not have any networking hardware integrated into the motherboard. Kinda strange. Its pretty much nothing more than an AMR slot being trumped up. Oh well.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
      X