Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another guessing about fusion cards.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another guessing about fusion cards.....

Hi guys!
    I was reading the other post about Fusion cards and i wondered...

"What if the 'Fusion' wasn't about 2 video cards (a board with 2 chips) or the dualhead thing, but it was a fusion between a video and a audio card?"

If i'm not wrong NVidia is going to build a audio chip for the x-box and maybe they will show with a new video card with an audio board built in it....

Maybe Matrox is going to do it too!
    Anyway this is just a guessing that was in my mind...
    Maybe what i've written is just a big nonsense

------------------
    Nocturn Dragon
    http://www.dragone.net
    federico@dragone.net
    NocturnDragon

That would be dumb an audio chip built on to a video card, it would be no where as good as soundblaster. That's like Creativelabs making a soundcard with video on board that would be dumb too. I certainly wouldn't buy a combo like that.

But I think fusion and non fusion will be similiar to like g400 and g400max, one will run faster than the other but both cards will have all the same features.

Fusion like some people said it means combining. Well fusion can mean speed as well. Like a fusion drive taken from science fiction is a very fast propelsion system. Or a fusion powered eccelerator. Fusion powered anything means fast or can last for 100's of years. Most likely I won't have the cash to buy a fusion card and i'll go with the regular.

Comment

Galvin,
      If you look at the word "fusion" in all those examples you gave, ALL consist of the mergence of two "things"
      jim

------------------
      P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
      Abit BE6-2
      TwinMos 128mb pc-133
      Matrox Fusion Plus F800 AGP with 64mb fcram
      Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
      SB Live!
      Winblows 98se & DX7
      and 384k DSL!
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

My brother just bought a Marvel g400 2 days ago. I think he's happy (need to call to confirm). I am myself waiting for the g400-tv or something like that (or fusion :-)).

[This message has been edited by Salmonius (edited 03 September 2000).]
        Salmonius

Comment

I don't believe that's it.

Comment

Rags, you must enjoy watching us guess what the g800 fusion is, yes you know already and it must be fun to watch us guess and guess, hey if it gives you entertainment then that's a good thing I guess

Anyways when will matrox announce their next video card ?

Comment

Soon
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

C'mon guys...all Matrox did was buy up a bunch of V2 chipsets from 3dfx (they have a surplus, seeing as the 5500 is 8 V2s on the same board...and noone can offord one) and packaged them on the same PCB as a G400. Comes bundled with UT as well

Sheesh. What did you think it was...SLI'd G400s?
                Games Box
                --------------
                Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                ------
                Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                -------------
                Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
                X