No announcement yet.

Well matrox, is it real or isn't it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd expect the G800 to be a Xmas release at the earliest, but we can but hope.

Comment

Im sorry !..mistake !..its ULTRA not TURBO but same shit here check your self guys
      http://www.nvidia.com/Products/GeForce2ultra.nsf
      PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Ant:
        I'd expect the G800 to be a Xmas release at the earliest, but we can but hope.
        You mean, the Press Release?

R
        Abit BH6, Cel566@850, Matrox G400DH 32MB, 128MB, Pioneer DVD103S, SBLive!(CT4830), Dell D1025HE 17" Monitor

Comment

I know that the G800 dual chip setup is only a rumour, but if a single chip is able to match a Geforce 2 than a dual chip version should be able to trance that and the ultra - not to say what a quad chip version could do......

I agree with rags, a chip as fast as a Geforce 2 is plenty, hell I'm still pretty happy with my G400 Max, it maybe a little slower for games use than other cards, but the games are still very playable, which is surely what it's all about anyway.

There will always be a faster, flashier piece of kit coming from somewhere, that's progress! The real trick is to stay one step behin the cutting edge, that way you're fingers don't get burnt by high price preniums. Who cares if Nvidia is faster that Matrox, in my experience, Nvidia drivers aren't half as stable - and at the end of the day a stable system is much better than having to go thorough the frustrations introduced by one which isn't.

Just lie back and be patient, the G800 will undoubtedly be announced soon - and anyway it's going to take a while for us to actually get the card after it's release - I think it took at least two or three months for my G400 max to arrive - but then that's the price you pay for living in the UK or any part of Europe - you American/Canadian guys have it somewhat better than us in not only price but also arrival dates.

[This message has been edited by Damien Green (edited 15 September 2000).]
          What do you want a signature for?

Comment

I'm not excited about the G800 because I need a faster card. My G400 is still running like a champ. I'm just excited to see what Matrox has up their sleeve. That's the way it always is with M.

"Matrox is like a box of chocolates.... Ya' never know what you're goin' ta git."

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Right on target, Remo. If matrox wants to release G800 CARD at Xmas, they must be ready to release chip specs anytime. (BTW Matrox also seems to have 6 month cycle, from chip release, to card release, G450 has proved it

If they plan to release CHIP SPECS at Xmas (what a present , that is not even funny.

Comment

Just hope that the dual-chip G800 (if there's even such a thing) is made a bit better and sleaker than the Voodoo 5 5500 with the dual chips for SLI. Even a Bigtower has problems fitting that card in!!

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

It's not really a question that the G800 won't be a good card.

And like i said before it should at least match or maybe be a little faster than the Geforce2 with probably a couple of extra features.

The dev kits that Nvidia ships to X-box developers will be using Nvidia's next generation chip(nv20)in december.

This means that nvidia has alredy working versions of the chip right now.

The current trend is to at least double the chip specifications from one generation to the next.

In the october edition of maximum pc,there's an article suggesting that the new card(Nvidia's)will be using rambus memory(unconfirmed).

Which means we could be looking at a card that could very well keep up with a dual chip G800.

Which one does anyone think will be more expensive,a single chip card(even with rambus),or a dual chip G800.

I know that there's a lot of people that like matrox cards,and i'm sure that the G800 will be enough to play any game.

But what about the person who doesn't care where the cards comes from,and want's the fastest thing around for gaming or content creation in 3d.

Matrox just can't use the same excuse as they did for the G450(it's for oem's).

note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Saying the G450s were for OEMs was not an excuse. That was and is the intended market even though PR screwed up. The G450 is a capable little card for the money and for the market it is intended.

And believe me when I say Matrox is not sitting on their butts.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Now Joel why'd you have to say a thing like that for. I just finsihed installing a vanilla in place of my 16 Megger SH.
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I'm sure Matrox is not sitting on their butts, they are standing around in the parking lot having a smoke. Actually, I'm sure they are hard at work to produce the next oem/business card.

Comment

Himself,

Think whatever you want.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I can wait for Matrox to make some form of announcement instead of trying to guess whether anybody here is full of shit or not.

Comment

Well don't expect me to toss you a shovel when it starts getting deep! LOL
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

hey, what is that you're saying Maniac? inside news?? Is anyone else saeeing what I'm seeing?
                                P3 500 @ 600
                                256MB PC133 RAM
                                64MB PC100 RAM
                                Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
                                Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
                                WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
                                G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
                                Monster Sound MX400
                                512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
                                Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
                                ASUS P3B-F
                                Logitech X1 Speakers
                                Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
                                Logitech Internet Keyboard
                                19.1G IBM 60GXP
                                8.4G Seagate
                                1.57G Fujitsu

Comment