G800 Backgrounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G800 Backgrounds!

It's not even announced yet, but I had time to spare. Enjoy.

Get them here!

::Nick
    P60-120Thz, 256Tb ram, 27.5Pb 225000 RPM HD, 142" .001 dot pitch monitor @ 30720x23040x64, Matrox G24000 w/512Gb, SB UltraLive2, DX120 beta, Win2112 SP4. Hey -- beta testers have their advantages...

Those are nice. Thanks. That will remind me to keep checking back here for info on the G800.

------------------
    P3 700 @ 1011 MHz (7 x 144.4 FSB))
    Soyo 6BA+IV
    20.5 GB WD Expert 7200/ata66
    SB Live X-Gamer
    Plextor 12/10/32A
    20" Dell Sony Trinitron (D2026T)
    G400 Max
    900 T-bird @ 1 GHz, K7 Pro, G400 Max, IBM 20.5GB, 20" Sony, 56x Afreey, SB Live X-gamer

1.33 T-Bird @ 1.53 GHz, Iwill KK266R, Radeon VIVO, 2 x 30GB WDs (RAID 0), 19"Sony, 12/10/32 Plextor, Toshiba 16x/48x dvdrom

Comment

very nice, i took one. Thanks

Comment

Hey Storm, email me greebe2@home.com I have a GREAT suggestion!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks! Hey, I'm a hardcore Matrox fan

Greebe -- done.

P60-120Thz, 256Tb ram, 27.5Pb 225000 RPM HD, 142" .001 dot pitch monitor @ 30720x23040x64, Matrox G24000 w/512Gb, SB UltraLive2, DX120 beta, Win2112 SP4. Hey -- beta testers have their advantages...

Comment

Hey, finally someone who realizes that some people actually have resolutions above 1280x1024. I knew there was a reason I liked matrox users.

-Q

Comment

It should be noted that over here, there's a certain nVidiot who is rather critical of the 2048x1536 green image.

If you put the 2048x1536 Blue up against the 2048x1536 Green, it does seem that either the Green was done at a lower color depth, or the resize process generated anomolies that didn't make it to the blue image. I've both up on my G400 MAX, side-by-side. Both heads are at 1280x1024x32.

Only seems to be the 2048x1536 Green image, as the rest look fine to my eyes.

Just letting you know.

[This message has been edited by IceStorm (edited 21 September 2000).]
              The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
              The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
              The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

The eye is more sensible about green than blue. That's why greyscale = 0.30 * Red + 0.59 * Green + 0.11 * Blue.

However, this shouldn't make a difference after a jpeg compression since it changes the colorspace to luminance and chrominance.

Comment

This is what I was going to post on ARS, but their registration takes forever to process.
                  ---

Morello: First off, this has Nothing to do with JPEG encoding. The large file size proves that easily. The effect observed is called 'mach color banding'. If this doesn't mean anything to you, stop reading now and quit complaining. If it did, you would realize that certain applications generate color overexposed, to approximate the result of 10-bit cineon conversion, to match the converted video footage to be later merged with CG data and put back on whatever media. Any overexposed color gradient will produce those effects, though in small amounts. Tweaking an image in special hardware would account for the conversion, reducing banding to almost nothing under any operation. Tweaking an image in Photoshop will further attenuate it, especially when modifying the overall contrast of the image. The effect is still there in the blue version, just not as visible since it's darker. The reason for banding in general is due to a low 8-bit/channel quality of most computer images, and inability of most video software to edit and create higher colordepth images (photoshop included). Manually adjusting color banding effects is "a large quantity of time not paid for". Rendering an image overexposed helps create a more vivid representation of any given image, though when converted to standart 8-bit/c image it produces the mentioned effect even when using an optimized LUT. My original target media was not a computer. Aside from the technical reasoning, this is fanart. If you can do a better job on an upcoming nvidia product in under a day, be my guest. Unlike you, I actually Work somewhere. "Fanart" is fun to make, but if I don't keep the times short, I won't be able to do it at all. So to conclude, before you make another idiotic argument, please research what you're talking about, kay?

As to everyone else who enjoyed the image, thank you very much! Hopefully the G800 won't dissapoint.

Comment

I thought they were really cool! Using the green one on my desktop now.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

surely this is playing into the rumour mongers hands.

Comment

Thanks. LOL! I did the green version as an experiment, I didn't think may people would like it as I did.. aparently more people prefer the green over blue/yellow. So how about this -- the blue version is also available now. Choices choices...

Get them HERE!

[This message has been edited by Storm (edited 22 September 2000).]

Comment

The backgrounds are great! I have the green one as the background on my Athlon - my Celeron still has some artwork done by a friend as the background but it almost got demoted. :-P

The green is definitely a little easier on the eyes and I think works better as a background than the blue/yellow one. The yellow would just make icons a little too hard to see for my liking (I had to clean up my desktop as it was so that I didn't spoil the feel of the image)

The new blue one is almost as good as the green as the harshness of the yellow "1010..." 's has been toned down.

Once again great work! Looks great on my new 80cm Grundig 100Hz TV on DualHead Clone. :-)

Cerb

------------------
                          Athlon 700
                          ASUS K7V
                          192Mb RAM
                          32Mb G400 DH (Win2k driver ver 5.04... I think. :-)
                          SBLive! Value
                          26.4GB Total HDD
                          Actima 8xDVD
                          LG 32x4x4x CD-RW
                          CTX VL950T 19"

Installed and running sweet as. :-)
                          <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

I like to keep a clean desktop by setting "Hide icons when the desktop is viewed as a Web page" and disabling the IE channel bar. You then launch the shortcuts off of the right side of the task bar.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Nick: great wallpapers!

xortam: there's more than one way to keep your desktop clean: http://www.houseofstuff.net/cory/desktop.htm

P.S. Please excuse the nasty jpegs, but I imagine a lot of you poor souls are still on dial-up (oh how I remember the pain!), and I didn't want you to suffer too badly...

------------------
                              Cory Grimster
                              cory@houseofstuff.net
                              http://www.houseofstuff.net
                              Cory Grimster
                              <A HREF="http://www.houseofhelp.com"TARGET=_blank>www.houseofhelp. com</A>
                              <A HREF="http://www.2cpu.com"TARGET=_blank>www.2cpu.com</A>

Comment

Working...
                              X