Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am happy with Matrox's current Windows 2000 drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lars:

Same problem with the same monitor ...

Yeah, that's interesting...
    I tried selecting other monitors as well as using a standard VGA cable instead of the better BNC one I normally use - but this didn't help, either.

I now do belive that the new drivers have a bug with monitors that don't support DDC (like our MF8617).

It would be of some help if some other people with non-DDC monitors tried Changing screen-size/position with the new Win2K drivers...

Of course you can also can change these settings with the monitors controls but that's not really an elegant solution - Especially if you have another system running on the same monitor with other (non-VESA standard, who needs those on AMIGA... ) modes this can be too much for the user-defineable presets of your monitor.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

The latest driver set foe Windows 2000 is good, BUT MATROX STILL HASN'T RELEASED ANY WINDOWS 2000 DRIVERS FOR MARVEL SERIES VIDEO CAPTURE CARDS (G200, G400) along with non-bug-filled beta version Video Tools. Aaaaaargh!

Comment

On performance... Nuno et al... have you tried DX8 yet (I know it's a beta, but...)?

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm: I tried DX8 beta with 5.10 and I don´t remember to notice any improvements. I´m not using it anymore because I reinstalled win2k to get rid of an anoying IE 5.5 (I think) bug.

What is your experience? DX8 increased performance for you?

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 26 September 2000).]

Comment

Hey Nuno, what was the "Bug" that you are referring to? Just curious, that's all

Rags

Comment

Nuno,

Yes, DX8 vastly increases video (*** GRAPHICS, not video playback ***) subsystem performance. There was a fairly major bug in the DX7 implementation included with Win2k that wasn't addressed by SP1. Some video operations were taking 2n time instead of n time, some were taking n-and-a-half time.

- Gurm

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 26 September 2000).]
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Gurm: Interesting. Any specifics?

Last I heard the DX8 release was approx. this Friday. At this stage I just want a non-beta SDK...

Comment

Wiggo:

I honestly forget the specifics. All I know is that after installing DX8, my Sound Blaster Live! works in hardware accelerated mode, my G400 runs substantially faster in D3D mode, and all my games seem a little smoother.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Any link to the latest beta?
                    The earlier one I got in win98 has the nagging beta driver expired, please upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X