No announcement yet.

cough...(G800)...cough advices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogbert, the G800 will have to be better than the Geforce2Ultra. By the time the G800 is out, the NV20 will be out, or will be very close to out.

There is also the Rampage to worry about.

Matrox have to jump a couple of generations.

Although it sounds rediculis now, anything below about 3000Mpixels and about 80 Million triangles/sec probably wont be enough to beat the others.

Of course Matrox will have better features than everybody else, but will that be enough?

I say bring on the Condor!

Ali

Comment

I'm just guessing here,but i think that the anouncement will be made at this years comdex(mid to late november).

It's one of the biggest events of the year for anything related to computers,and it's where 3dfx has always anounced new products,everything from the first voodoo to what they have now.

Nvidia has officially stated that developement systems with nv20 cards will be shipped to x-box developers in december,and that new cards based on the nv20 chip will hit retail anywhere from 3 to 6 months after the Gf2 ultra hits the market,making an anouncement at comdex seems quite possible,even if the actual cards only hit retail 2 months later.

Ati has also stated that they will also have a six month release scedule for new products,and the radion has been available for over 2 months now.

I think that most of the new anouncements will be made at comdex.

note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
      P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Sure, the G800 will be announced around November in Comdex, you won't be able to really see it or get any benchmark data before Cebit (mars) and it'll be available for pre-ordering on Matrox's site around May. We'll actually own one in August 2001. I don't know about you, but I could make a baby by then, and believe me, it'll have way more features. Especially the BPM (Bump poop map) which is the most fluid polygon rich surface you'll see and smell. The only downfall is that it'll be mono. I should improve the design to an AC-3 or a DTS baby, that'll be interesting.

------------------
        I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

[This message has been edited by Dogbert (edited 28 September 2000).]

Comment

One thing that Matrox seems to like doing, and is the basis for one of the oldest standing rumors, is to release their next gen card with the release of the next version of DirectX. I would venture to geuss that the Comdex theory is correct. It's the perfect occasion for MS to release DX8, and Matrox will follow suit with the G800, and since right as the Christmas shopping season starts is the best time to release a new product, in order to make the most money, we can hope that they will even announce that it will begin shipping immediately.

Sigh, well, it all works in theory anyway. All we can do is hope, well, hope and wait anyway(although at least we have a choice on the "hope" part ). I think I'll be an optimist and hope anyway.

Ian
          Primary System:
          MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
          120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
          Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
          Seccondary System:
          Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
          3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
          Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
          Tertiary system
          Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
          Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

bullseye!
            jim

err, I mean, I hope so!

[This message has been edited by DuRaNgO (edited 28 September 2000).]
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

ewww...ATi. Don't go there. I've got a 32 meg Radeon review board here and it's one big POS. Horrible, horrible drivers.
              Cory Grimster
              <A HREF="http://www.houseofhelp.com"TARGET=_blank>www.houseofhelp. com</A>
              <A HREF="http://www.2cpu.com"TARGET=_blank>www.2cpu.com</A>

Comment

Considering that AMD has been announcing and shipping at almost the exact same time, Matrox may be doing the same thing. Of course, that will kill our chance to pre-order it, but if I can get a G800 before the end of the year, I'd be VERY happy.

Comment

G400 works perfectly with Lightwave 6.

Comment

Yes it does.
                    BTW anyone notice that linux's TCP/IP stack is way faster than Windows's or is it just the browser that's slow?
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I don't know if it's the tcp stack or just the fact that the OS was designed around the internet and servers from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by ph0rk:
                        ewww...ATi. Don't go there. I've got a 32 meg Radeon review board here and it's one big POS. Horrible, horrible drivers.
                        You must be the only one having problems with it. The Radeon has much more stable and functional drivers than a GF.

Comment

Working...
                        X