Why does this work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this work...

Appian Graphics announced today the release of the AppianX family of Xtended Desktop™ graphics cards, an innovative improvement in multi-monitor board design and Appian's most advanced extended-desktop solution to date.

The AppianX is available in two-port and four-port configurations. All new products in the AppianX family feature Appian's own multi-monitor graphics processor, the Appian AGX, which is a workstation-class graphics accelerator specifically designed to get the best performance and feature set for multiple displays. For instance, the Appian AGX and AppianX family is the only single chip design that is recognized as a multi-function device by Windows 2000 and future Microsoft operating systems, taking full advantage of these operating systems' native multi-monitor support. The AppianX is also the first single-chip, dual DVI-I card released to market, resulting in improved performance and display quality across multiple displays.

"AppianX is the culmination of a year of development" said Wallace Smith, Appian's Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, "resulting in a phenomenal performance and feature set that will allow us to provide a turnkey solution for the professional user."

The AppianX 4-port, the first available board in the new product line, ships standard with 64MB SDRAM, video-in support for baseband NTSC and PAL signals, and quad DVI-I support for digital and analog displays. The card is bundled with the latest version of Appian's patented HydraVision desktop management software. The Appian line of extended desktop enhancement tools, AppianXtras, will be supported by the AppianX 4-port, including monitor sync, multi-screen color calibration, non-standard mode support, and DirectX and OpenGL support across monitors.

The AppianX 4-port will be available in PCI format in early December and has a suggested retail price of $899. The AppianX 2-port is slated to release in early 2001.

Ok I admit it's not the same price but it's still frustating that Microsoft won't make it work with lower-priced cards. For god's sake even ATI had a dualhead card comming up. They have to do something!

Sicna

------------------
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster Live
    Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2