• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the link to the download page...
    http://www.microsoft.com/directx/hom...ds/default.asp

Versions for Win 9X & ME is also available

Daniel

Comment

The PIT posted a wrong link to the NT compatible forums - you can get to it here: http://www.ntcompatible.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001321.html

TP: you added a little '.' to the end there!

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
      Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
      Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
      Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by HedsSpaz:
        Or, for those of you using a REAL OS , You can get the Win2000 version here. http://www.gamers-ammo.com/ARCHIVE/DX80NTeng.exe

Ian
        If you used a 'real' OS, you wouldn't be using M$... Try BeOS once, you might be surprised.

------------------
        I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

Comment

I'm downloading it now for WindowsME.

Joel

10.9 MB in 49 sec. God I love cable.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 11 November 2000).]
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert:
            If you used a 'real' OS, you wouldn't be using M$... Try BeOS once, you might be surprised.

Isn't it better to use an OS that supports your software and hardware.

Comment

Heh, I knew someone was going to comment on that sooner or later.

Dogbert, I will be the first to agree with you that if you want to use a REAL OS then BeOS, xBSD, *nix, is the way to go. I dual boot RH7.0 and Win2000 both at home and at work. I've been using RH 7.0 since about a week after it came out, and I've been using various version of *nix for the past 2 years off and on. Nevertheless, for gaming, which is after all what this thread is actually about , you can't beat Windows, and 2000 is FAR superior to 9x. Besides which, I've been using 2000 since February, and to be quite frank, its a very solid useable OS.

Anyway, the real point of my comment was to mock the poor fools using 9x or ME.

Ian
              Primary System:
              MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
              120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
              Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
              Seccondary System:
              Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
              3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
              Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
              Tertiary system
              Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
              Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

DogBert: Just curious, have you tried Win2k?

Paul.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Yeah, I'm using Win2K for quite a while and I must admit I'm surprised with M$ although games still run better on W9x. It's more stable than NT4 and you don't have to restart it so much as the previous versions, but it still lacks a lot. BeOS is far from perfect, but they've got a great concept, although they don't support as much hardware M$, their MultiCPU support is by far better than that of M$ (Win2K, NT) no to mention that their Beta OpenGL is much faster than Microsoft's. Anyway, since I hate M$ guts and I find Linux unintuitive and quite complex, Be has the potential to become THE OS of choice. If only they would stop with their IA crap and go back to the Desktop, Grrr...

I think you should try BeOS and QNX, even if you uninstall it later, just try something new, get out of the box for a while, M$ isn't the only way to do things.

------------------
                  I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

[This message has been edited by Dogbert (edited 15 November 2000).]

Comment

Cloudy, where did you get the beta OGL stuff?
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

BeOS is great. Personally, I love it. Ran it a bit this summer. I only had two problems with it:

Problem 1. Not the best hardware support. Being that I was in a lab with ample hardware, this problem was quickly rectified.

Problem 2. Ran out of disk space and couldn't figure out how to get more. I was using the little 500 MB install-in-Windows version of it just to screw around. While I must admit it's pretty nifty to have BeOS as a Windows app in a sense, I needed more hard drive space, because I kept trying to install everything BeOS that I came across.

Bear in mind that BeOS was designed as a multithreaded multi-processor OS. It's really kinda pointless to run it on a single processor rig, and even a dual won't let it shine fully. Get yourself an 8-way rig and BeOS rocks. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance for my own 8-way rig.

b
                      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
                      X