Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus mastering - I had it, now its gone

Hi:

Yesterday I had bus mastering; today its gone, and I have no idea how to get it back.

Is it possible that bus mastering no longer works because I installed Need For Speed High Stakes, and then uninstalled it?

As far as I can recall, I didn't do anything else to my system between yesterday and today.

What steps should I follow to find out where the problem is? "Matrox Diagnostics" says I have Error code number 33 - "Bus mastering now available".

System specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS P2B with newest bios
    Videocard : Matrox G400 DualHead 32 MB, newest Bios
    Matrox driver package: 6.10.013

Thanks for your time and help!

Sincerely yours,

Juan Antonio Ruiz Zwollo
    The Netherlands

[This message has been edited by JARUZ (edited 24 November 2000).]

Hmmm.. boot to a command prompt, and..

scanreg /restore

This will give you a choice of previously saved registry saves to load to. Try the last one where you knew BM was working.

Comment

look in display properties/settings/advanced & you should see the option for busmastering. have you put a new pci card in slot 1 before this occurance?

Comment

JARUZ perhaps you could post more info about your system including operating system & full irq list.

Comment

try to remove one dimm or a pci card so DMI will be updated. Start your PC and run mga diagnostic.If it is O.K.shutdown and put back what you had removed. It worked for me.

Comment

Hi:

I tried restoring old registries; didn't help :-(

When I go to properties/settings/advanced, bus mastering is ON; but when I run "Matrox Diagnostics", it says Bus Mastering is not available and asks me if I want to turn off bus mastering in Powerdesk.

I have not added any new cards or hardware. After I noticed bus mastering was not working, I changed a few settings in the BIOS, but that didn't help.

What can I do?

Juan Antonio

Comment

Working...
            X