Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW W2K Matrox DRIVERS

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...es/w2k_507.cfm

They are dated 28 November 2000 and i think this is a new release!
    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

These are G200 multi monitor drivers by the way.

[This message has been edited by The PIT (edited 29 November 2000).]
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

do they work with normal G200 too ??
      GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

If I had been able to download them I would have tried it...
        Since yesterday I can't connect to Matrox' FTP server

Comment

Somebody rebooted the FTP server so I could download the driver

At first, the setup wouldn't install because it couldn't recognize my card (a normal Millennium G200 AGP) So, I edit the INF file a bit by copy/pasting some stuff from the 5.06 drivers.

It works, but the all-mighty (?) FPS is the same as before. I don't see any new features, however the G200 MMS seems to be supported better.

I haven't tested the 2 known BSoD crashers yet.

Comment

the other BSOD crasher is? (assuming that the overlay-alpha blending BSOD crasher is one of them)

Comment

A demo called "time machine". Should be available from scene.org. It caused a BSoD after a while on g200d.dll. I haven't tested it anymore, I don't like BSoD's...

(frank, staat ook op \\ragnarok\vanalles\demos\timemachine)

Comment

Have patience.. That does take a long time, even with 700+ MHz processors.

Comment

hm... I see... I though the loading stuff was the crash, but as you said, it just was a loading sequence that required some time.

I can complete the demo till the end without a crash, but defenitely something fishy is going on. Right after the first sequence with the 'time machine', you see the earth being tracked with the camera through a tunnel. At that exact point, I get complete garbage on my screen (random pixels everywhere, no coherence at all, but the framerate counter is still readable). 10 seconds later (at the cube-sooming effects sequence) everything is fine again, and I can complete the demo till the end without a problem past that point.

Does it crash at the same point as where I get the random garbage on my screen?

Comment

Yes, it crashed pretty soon after the intro. I've seen it running just fine on a TNT2 card, so I guess it's back to the drawingboards for Matrox.

Comment

it stalls on my machine, but (fortunately) doesn't bring down Win2k... unless it is supposed to stop just after the fade-out of the first music thing?

Comment

Working...
                      X