G400 Dual Head performance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Dual Head performance question

I am looking at getting a G400 Dual Head AGP Video Card. I have read the review and would just like to know how this board does with the likes of Half-Life and Unreal 226 from those have experience. I know those are dated games, but I still play them plenty!

I am also looking (with wide-eyes) at the Abit Socket A Ultra ATA100 Raid VIA KT133 ATX Mobo. Can anyone tell me if this board (and/or the VIA chipsets) are usable with the M-G400?

Right now I have a Marvel G200-TV, and, as is well known, that card's 3D performace left much to be desired. I'm willing to give Matrox another shot though - their 2D quality is unmatched.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to respond!

[This message has been edited by JerryH (edited 05 December 2000).]

thanks much, CK.

About your 'tweaking' for HL, I take it you're refering to the autoexec.cfg file?

Comment

Jerry, the G4x0 graphics cards do not have any problems with the KT133 chipset... but will say this is also dependent on which MB manufacture you choose... currently the best choices are Abit or Asus models.

Of course there are those G800 rumors floating around (do a search here
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X