No announcement yet.

G400Max and Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DosFreak : BTW : If U have not enabled "Assing IRQ for VGA" , then no 5.X driver works .. Just 4.90 beta !! I had this problem a year ago ..

Comment

ZERO : MAtrox texhsupport said me : Try 5.11 .. I was try 5.20, 5.14, 5.11, 5.7, 5.4, 5.3 , 5.1 .. or what .. All from matrox's FTP .. No one to work ! All same problem .. At first Unninstal .. Adter reboot run setup and at the end of the installation (after some flicker of monitor) Instler saind : "FAILED .. Installation was cancelled .. Try it again " .. Curious is , that drivers at this time works .. U can set everything .. But after restart U got only VGA resolution .. a Display properties said : Matrtox G400 on default monitor .. And U cant change monitor type .. I have this on 2 computers here .. 4 compters was OK ..

Comment

Rags : Hmm .. I had flashed new bios on this 2 problematic computers (before 5.20 drivers) .. ON working computers i had never flashed bios (IF I good remember) ) Maybe , that was any bad BIOS or what .. it was SH release .. I dont know .. I was format disks , and fresh install was OK >.

Comment

Guess What.) I am now running win2k in max resolution and max color.

What i did?
          First i took out the G400 and reinstaled it (bending the frame a little to get the card as far in the slot as possible). Reinstalled the 5.20 drivers. Did it work? Nope.

Unninstalled the 5.20 drivers. >Got hold of the 4.90 drivers and used win2k own installer (have disk option).
          Rebooted. And there i were. Able 2 run my card at maximum resolution and depth.

Ill try to install the 5.20 drivers over it l8er. For now i am happy to have a workin box.

Comment

What i did?
            First i took out the G400 and reinstaled it (bending the frame a little to get the card as far in the slot as possible). Reinstalled the 5.20 drivers. Did it work? Nope.

Unninstalled the 5.20 drivers. >Got hold of the 4.90 drivers and used win2k own installer (have disk option).

Ill try to install the 5.20 drivers over it l8er. For now i am happy to have a workin box.

Comment

What i did?

Comment

Pytkin: I had exactly the same problem. The setup was giving some kind of error. What I did was downclock till I was within specs and reflash the BIOS. Then I reïnstalled Win2k.

Seems drastic, but was the only way for me to fix it.

Comment

I have now tried and installed the 5.20 driver at top of the 4.9 driver.
                  The problems reoccured. After restart the color were back at 16 and res at 640x480.

Had to uninstall the 5.20 drivers, restart, install the 4.9 drivers (which is only the 3 inf, sys and dll files), restart and then i can set my res and colors at max yet again.

Is there anyone else that have tried out this "solution" and got things to work again?

Is it the Matrox installer that is getting me up in trouble somehow?

Comment

DOmingus : 4.9 driver have not DX support , no Dual head .. etc etc .. This drivers was not very good . But worked , if G400 is without IRQ assigned in BIOS )

Comment

Dzeus : same here .. Only windows reinstallation was successfull

Comment

Working...
                      X