No announcement yet.

What I want from Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I JUST want a OpenGL ICD with the same speed of the directX one.........and AT LEAST 3 Gigatexel/s fill rate on th G800

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 07 December 2000).]
    Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

It's not just his configuration that causes problems with BG2 in hardware mode. I've had the problem since BG2 came out. No shared IRQs, latest powerdesk, and yes, I unloaded the previous drivers before doing the install. In my case, it's either a problem with my chipset, AGP, or something else that causes the BG2 problem. I'll post again in the gaming forum, but the OpenGL support is pretty poor when a LOT of people can't play a game with as little use of OpenGL as BG2 has.

Comment

It's a driver issue. The game runs fine in Windows 2000 with my Geforce 2 GTS 64m. 6.34+ drivers.
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Himself:

I disagree again (are we seeing a pattern here? )

Every new win2k driver release came with a small performance increase, at least for my system.

Yes, games are important, the fact is that my G400 (oc´ed to MAX speeds) still has adequate speeds to run the games/demos I´ve tried. I still don´t feel that it´s getting too outdated as I felt with the G200 for instance.

For what I have seen, Matrox win2k drivers are among the most stable and feature rich. When I see Nvidia/ATI drivers don´t support custom resolutions/refresh rates/monitor tweaking, thanks, but no, thanks.

Win2k is the way to go as fas as I can see it. Your field of expertise may be computer/programming related and you certainly have a much more deeper knowedgle about the differt OS than I do, but win2k does everything I need and it doesn´t crash 1/100 th of the times Win9x does. It´s a quantum leap. I have winME installed in another partition, and it I felt it was better than win2k, I would be using it for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X