No announcement yet.

Hidden surface removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Randy says is true, but(and this one is huge) isn't this exactly the case with the G400? Any system with a processor over 850 or 900mhz is video card limited when using a G400. I can't even pretend to keep up with the rest of this thread, but I had to say this. It would make the G400 last a bit longer for those who have faster processors. And maybe I will grab a GiG one instead of a 850 or so on monday when I upgrade.

------------------
    AsusP3B-F,iCel466, 256mgsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 5.41 w/ 6.10ICD,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
    Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem w/D-Link nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Heh, btw, you should now be able to figure out how those ASUS 'cheating' drivers work. All they did was fix the drivers so that the edges of the polygons were overwritten with white pixels. You can actually turn this feature on in quake3 with any video card (except the g400, since its opengl STILL SUCKS). All you have to do is hit ` (~ the tilde key ~) to bring down the console and type 'sv_pure 0', 'devmap q3dm17' then 'r_showtris 1'

Of course id is smart, you can't use 'sv_pure 0' and connect to (most) online servers

Comment

RobM,

Obviously hardware is better and more compatible (at least in theory), I was just making the point that it is possible for any card to implement some form of HSR. What is optimal and what could work are two different things.

Comment

Working...
        X