Divx ;-) and TV-out in G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divx ;-) and TV-out in G400

How can i see a Divx ;-) movie in my TV set?
    any movie in mpeg4 that i see in tv is all black. Sorry for reposting this article, but.....

There is a known limitation for using DivX in conjunction with DVD Max ...

Do a search in this forum and you'll find the answer.
    (had to do with proper pixel dimensions, if I remember correctly)

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

and make sure you didn't delete that DivX directshow filter file, to get smoother playback: It disabled overlay use completely. If you did, reinstall the DivX ;-) codec.

btw, the limitation that Maggi is speaking of, is that movies that don't have a horizontal res. not devidable by 32 won't use overlay on the G400, due to a combination of a bug in the MS MPEG-4 codec and a limitation of the G400.

Comment

The answer is in the FAQ Archive.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

That FAQ entry is bull and I've mailed Jorden about it long ago... he hasn't responded to my mail

however. Maybe he reads this? I'll quote:

"DivX was a (thankfully) short lived competitor to DVD Video - basically it used a much

higher compression with much tighter copy protection. And you didn't purchase the movie when you

bought the DivX disc - it was sort of a "pay per view" set up with an option to buy unlimited

viewing rights for a disc (but only on a player with your account card in it). They recently shut

it down because of hugh financial loss. The codec is still in use - some video hackers use it for

making CDVs from DVD. It still sucks."
          DIVX (not DivX) was a pay per view system, and as far as I know, they just used MPEG-2

compression (same as DVD). However, the DivX ;-) codec (that's what people mean by DivX

nowadays), is a hacked MS MPEG-4 codec, i.e. the compression ability and the use for in .avi

files has been re-enabled.
          ASF, DivX ;-), Angelpotion, nAVI, etc. are ALL THE SAME. They all use MS MPEG-4 compression.

DivX ;-) was only named this way as a joke (to tell Hollywood to f*ck their DIVX and to use this

codec for ripping DVDs)

Comment

I didn't respond to it because I haven't had any DivX movies until I got X-Men a weekend orso ago.

Sorry dZeus. But I'll add your post to the original thread. I didn't add it before, since you posted me in Dutch, and I didn't find time to translate it.

Excuse me, Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well Jorden's snippet from the pertinent thread is misleading but the info in the subject thread is what's important; especially Haig's contribution (note to g_goncalo: Haig is the Tech Support Manager for Matrox).
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

no problem Jord, I hope you liked the movie (I sure did )

Comment

While AngelPotion is a ripped-off MS MPEG-4 codec it has some additional "features" that make it very hazardous to use vs. the other MS MPEG-4 rips.

Check the 11/06/00 news update on Avery Lee's VirtualDUB site for more info on this;

http://www186.pair.com/vdub/virtualdub_news.html

Dr. Mordrid

------------------
                  Asus P3B-F 6 PCI
                  PIII/850
                  Gigabyte GA-6R7+ slotkey
                  Matrox G400/Flex3D
                  Matrox RT-2000
                  256 megs RAM
                  Promise SuperTrak100 (4 x 60g IBM 75GXP: 240g RAID0)
                  AWE64 Gold

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 19 December 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X