monitor setting in win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor setting in win2k

Can someone tell me how to change my refresh rates in win2k. I really don't know what to do it just keep saying that I need to select a monitor.

Here's 2 screen shots I took, maybe you'll see somthing that I didn't.

Spazm

[This message has been edited by spazm_1999 (edited 13 December 2000).]
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Let's take it step-by-step.

Under the "Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/Monitor Settings" tab.

Next you click on the "Adjust current screen mode" tab and select the new refresh rate from the "Standard Refresh" drop-menu.

If you keep getting a warning at this point then I'd resintall the drivers. That or find another monitor driver that works with that monitor.

If you get this far click to "Accept" the setting and click the "Next" box to apply it. On the next window check the box to save the settings and click the "Finish" box.

Poof!

Dr. Mordrid

------------------
    ===================
    Asus P3B-F 6 PCI
    PIII/850
    Gigabyte GA-6R7+ slotkey
    Matrox G400/Flex3D
    Matrox RT-2000
    256 megs RAM
    Promise SuperTrak100 (4 x 60g IBM 75GXP: 240g RAID0)
    AWE64 Gold
    ===================

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 13 December 2000).]

Comment

spazm,

There must be something with those particular features and your system in these drivers. I suggest uninstalling the drivers, go back to a previous version of drivers, install them and make all of your customizations, then install the new drivers over the top of your old ones without telling the setup to override previous settings. It's important to NOT override previous settings otherwise you will not retain your customizations.

Rags

Comment

Spazm, you're not alone with this problem, e.g. look at http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/009503.html
        (you have to scroll down a bit to see my post and the one of another user (Lars) with the same problem. There was a third person with the same problem who posted this in the PowerDesk Forum, but none of the solutions actually worked.
        I still get the "you have to select blablabla" message, but since I don't normally change resolutions that often it's not that bad.

We should try finding a common component, I first thought it was the Iiyama MF8617 cause both, Lars and me had this monitor, but you seem to have a ViewSonic. Does your monitor support DDC?
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Dr Mordrid :
          I can't use any of the 4 buttons that are on the monitor tab, it gives the same error message shown below. Well, maybe i'll have to reinstall the drivers but I have one question here. I have no prob on my win98 for this but maybe win2k has a bug. I have my win98 and win2k in french release and I install the drivers as english (they normally have less bug, and it's a preference for me to have them in english)... but can win2k has a incompatibility between the french windows and the english drivers? If you look below the tab for my monitor is "Écran".... maybe the drivers look in the registry for monitor and doesn't find it.

Rags :
          Thanks for the idea.... but if I can avoid deinstalling & reinstalling drivers (and download times) it would be better.

Indiana :
          I don't change my res too ofthen too but I hate playing games a 60Hz or less.... I usually put at least 85Hz or 133Hz. About the DDC compliant monitor.... I really don't know how to check this.... maybe you could check the monitor specs on www.viewsonic.com I have a P810 (4th release).

Spazm

P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

I read the book 2 times, it's not too specific about if it uses DCC or not. But I found something in the Troubleshooting section that say's under the wrong or abnormal colors : "If you have an older graphics card, contact customer support for a non-DCC adapter".... that should means that it's a DCC compliant monitor, but I still don't see what this could change to my problem.

Spazm

Comment

It looks like you really have no choice unless you want to run third party software (Read this as downloading new software ).

Uninstalling in win2k is a snap, and your download will be worth the time. To uninstall the drivers, just goto add/remove programs in the control panel, and select Matrox Software. You only have to do it that one time, then load the previous drivers, make your settings, then just run the installer for the newest drivers. Bam. You have your customizations, and you have the new drivers.

Rags

Comment

That's what I've thought... but since my brother took back the 2gb drive I had borred him I'll have to make a clean install probably in 2-3 days (time to make sure that all the apps I use works on win2k)... then I'll just try to install the WHQL drivers. I hope these won't make the same thing.

Anyway if you find a way to correct this by the time I reinstall send me a mail.

Spazm

Comment

I've reinstalled win2k with the 5.03 drivers and I had a surprise... there was no monitor setting tab on those drivers, so I had to install the 5.14 and the tab apeared.... what can I do now to correct this?

Spazm

Comment

Take the 5.10 or 5.11 drivers for Win2k, with those it worked, I think (although i'm not totally sure about this...)

For the monitor: I have the same behaviour: my monitor is not detected automatically by win98/2k while a friends Samsung is - I think this is due to a flaw in the DDC-support of the Iiyama, if anyone knows more then please enlighten us
                    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                    My System
                    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                    German ATI-forum

Comment

I've been able to change my refesh rates after reinstalling win2k and by not installing DX8.

Maybe it's a bug that DX8 creates.

Spazm

Comment

Working...
                      X