G450 Dualhead -- Need more options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 Dualhead -- Need more options.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

I have a G450/32MB/DDR in a Windows 2000 machine. The primary monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 950p, the secondary is a Sony GDM-1961.

The 19" Sony was a $10 purchase at a university surplus sale. With a little hacking (and beer) I was able to add horizontal and vertical sync connectors to the monitor. Crisp, clear trinitron display, but it only syncs at 1280x1024x67Hz. (Used a G200 for testing).

I am having some difficulties configuring the Dualhead for the fixed frequency monitor. There are only two options for the secondary display at 1280x1024 -- 60Hz and 75Hz. (Anything from 65Hz to 69Hz should work for my application.)

If anyone can give me a push in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

-Lee.

Have you tried unchecking the box that says "Hide modes this monitor cannot display"?

This should give you a slew of options.

Rags

Comment

When you enable Dualhead-MultiDisplay, the "Hide modes this monitor cannot display" is automatically un-checked.

This allows Windows to display multi-display resolutions like 2048x768..

Comment

Correct, you do it with Dualhead Disabled, Select 65Hz or whatever you want, save the settings, then enable multidesktop, it should keep the refresh stuck there if you used "Monitor Settings" to adjust your current display mode.

Rags

Comment

Working...
        X