G200 identity crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 identity crisis

Long version of the story: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/003287.html

Short version:
    Something wrecked the BIOS of my G200. No screen and stuff. I managed to flash the BIOS and PINS again with the tools I got from MatroX files (thanks!).

However, in Windows2000 all the driver installers don't recognize the card anymore. I have to install the drivers manually. Things work fine, but I like to get the situation before the bios-wrecking-thing back.

I believe the SubSysID of the card is wrong, so that's why it won't be detected by those installers.

I also tried the recovery-tool from Matrox, but it won't flash the BIOS because the checksum is correct (since I already flashed the correct BIOS anyway)

I found out that with the -o command line option I can force the recoverytool to flash BIOS anyway, but I think that's not enough. Since my PCB# is 798-02 I think I also need to invoke that "798" file. But how?...

Can anybody help me to solve this identity crisis?

(btw, I tried at Matrox' forum first. After all, it's their tool.. But they pointed me back to this forum!)

Hmmm, visit my site again. You have to restore the SUBSYS_ID and SUBSYS_VID...

Comment

Hmm, I can't find anything specific about restoring those ID's. Aren't they part of the BIOS file? I'm quite sure I flashed the most recent and correct BIOS file...

Comment

Look up the section on G100 "identity crisis" ("can't install driver on Productiva G100"). SUBSYS_ID is not a part of BIOS file nor it is stored in PInS. It is located near the top of BIOS and copied from the old BIOS during programming. if it is lost, you have to restore it manually using -b option of PROGBIOS.

Comment

MXINFO told me the SUBSYS_ID was messed up, as expected. I fixed it with BIOSPROG, and the card is recognized perfectly again by the drivers. I'm going to try 5.31 now

Grzegorz, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
          X