• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done !

thanx for the help, will keep you posted

Comment

Well..
      I posted the problem on the official MAtrox board and this is the reply I got.
      Seems I'll have to give up hope of never having to use a monitor anymore...
      ---
      hi,
      this is not a bug.
      this is how it is supposed to be.
      Becuase the video card does not support video overlay on the secondary display, when you use clone mode, you will not be able to view the vidoe in the window. when using the DVDMax feature, the video is sent out to TV in full screen automatically and there is no control over it; this is why a monitor is required for your primary port/display and having the TV only connected to the card is not really supported.

------------------
      Saad
      Matrox Graphics
      Tech_Support Supervisor (Multimedia)

Comment

I'm not sure he fully understood the problem as he nearly only talks about DVDMax. With DVDMax you do need a monitor (except you can navigate your DVD-player without seeing the controls..), but this is not true when DVDMax is disabled. And: Overlays ARE possible on the second output when in clone mode, it DOES work with the PD5.x drivers so there's no reason for them to not work with PD6.x

I posted a reply in your thread in Matrox tech support forum as well.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

well if you have a little brainstorm i do have a BIG ,huge one...cause i've been looking for a wise installer VT 2.04 !!! somebody knows something about???thanks in advance

Comment

how on earth is your post relevant to this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
              how on earth is your post relevant to this thread?
              Besides this thread is over one year old!
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

Hi Scooter,

Didn't somebody give you a url for that . . . I checked at the time (since your reply sounded a little strained) and the url worked, didn't the program ?

GB

Comment

i had this problem.
                  i had to set the color depth on my monitor to 32bit.
                  i had it at 24bit for the flat panel, and the tv screen was black.
                  it took me afew hours of screwing around with clone and dvdmax to get it right.

try that if u haven't already.
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

oh yeah, i run Win2k SP2.
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

how about setting the tv as the primary display,and the moniter as the clone.....I don't really have a clue, but something similar worked on a radeon

Comment

Working...
                      X