Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[list=1][*] Don't mention the pictures. You'll set me back months in my recovery from the trauma of moving.[*] You people (and this does mean you, Maggi ) are sick.[*] <font size="5">Hello!!!</font> [/list=a]

Oy.

------------------------
    Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 16 January 2001).]

Comment

Sure I am ...

Why else would I ask for those pictures ?

Muaaahahahahaha
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Oh, no....not the "evil psycho" laugh...!!!!

Comment

Maggi... inbetween all the fun... What do you think of this?

Jord
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

eh, eh, eh ... you name it, Holly ...

and interesting thought, Jord, but ...
            (read my reply over there)

Cheeeeeeeese,
            Maggi

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

err, that picture wouldn't involve toast, would it?
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

System 1:
                AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                Epox 8K7A
                2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                SBLIVE 5.1
                Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner
                Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

"Now my question to you, DosFreak, is: What the heck are you still doing here?"

This is a good forum with good people. It does seem more discriminating towards other people with other videocards than other forums but it's still a good site.

"The only posts I've seen from you since you bought that GF2 (or whatever) were trolls and flames towards any Matrox cards."

?? I help ALOT. Since the time I bought my Geforce I only remember mabye 1 thread? Where I said get a Geforce. I think that was a CS or Quake 3 thread and the person was a serious CS or Quake 3 player. My recommendation still stands.

"Not even so much as a trying to help posts, but maybe I missed them, or I categorically don't want to remember them, but mosts answers to people seeking help here were in the category of: "Buy a GF whatever card", as if that would be of much help."

I think this seems to be the mindset of most people on this site. You say one good thing about another card and you are automatically called a "3dfxidiot" or "Nvidiot". No other forums do this? Why this one? Are you Murcers in denial? Delusional? Just plain Crazy???!!!
                  C:\DOS
                  C:\DOS\RUN
                  \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DosFreak:
                    Are you Murcers in denial? Delusional? Just plain Crazy???!!!
                    </font>
                    ... the latter, DosFreak, the latter ...

One thing about those name-givings though:

We both know us not only from here, but also from 3D Files and I remember very well how quickly those guys came up with that nasty habit (NVidia Zealot anyone ?).

I took your initial post for you bein bored to heck and after poking your nose, you decided to have some action and put some fuel to the fire ... that's fine with me.

Only prob is, that this kinda thread doesn't belong in the HW forum, since we all know that it's based completely on speculations and some very rarely spilled beans ([i]hidden in publicly released drivers for example). Thus you should've posted it into the Soap Box and probably would have gotten much more fun in response ...

Cheers,
                    Maggi

PS: Yes, I saw your smiley when you started this post ...

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Ahh, someone with a sense of humor.

Yeah, probly should have posted in other forum...but hey.....it is Matrox Hardware and it may/may not be true. Also it most likely will not be competitive gaming wise in the market when/if it comes out! (uhhh, ok this does belong in the other forum )
                      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Now, I've tried to point this out before, but the threads I've posted to in the past got deleted. So I will try one more time in a much more compressed form.

The logical falacy that thousands of FPS kiddies have fallen into is that:

More FPS == More Fun

Simply put, this is stupid. I play mostly UT and Diablo II. I have fun. Having a higher frame rate would not mysteriously increase my fun factor somehow. Therefore, I do not feel the need to spend 200+ $ right now to get a video card who's sole virtue is that it can push polygons faster than anything else.

There will come a time, chances are within 6 months, that I will want to upgrade my video card. I have serious doubts that I will get an nVidia based card, but I will certainly consider all of the available options and get what will work best for me.

In the meantime, please, for goodness sake, stop trying to convince me that I will somehow be having more fun if I get a new video card!

Ian
                        who is absolutely sick to death of hearing "Mine is bigger than yours!"
                        Primary System:
                        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                        Seccondary System:
                        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                        Tertiary system
                        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Shoudn't that be mine is faster than yours? I mean video cards as a rule are aproximately the same size.. well, there's that bitchin' fast card and the V6.

I, for one wouldn't suggest anybody who is happy with their current video card to upgrade. However, if someone IS looking to upgrade, and games are their primary consideration, I wouldn't suggest a G400 or G450 for the purpose. Frankly, I don't know what card I could recommend, but the current Matrox lineup wouldn't even get a showing, neither would a V3 or a TNT 2. If someone doesn't already have a card in that class [TNT 2 / G400 / V3] by now, they are not into games anyway.

[This message has been edited by Himself (edited 17 January 2001).]

Comment

Himself,

See, there's the kind of statement that bugs me.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">I wouldn't suggest a G400 or G450 for the purpose. Frankly, I don't know what card I could recommend, but the current Matrox lineup wouldn't even get a showing, neither would a V3 or a TNT 2. If someone doesn't already have a card in that class by now, they are not into games anyway.</font>
                            I'm into games. I'm REALLY into games. And I have a G400.

Because you know what I'm NOT into? FPS. I couldn't care less about FPS. Because despite all the arguing that FPS kiddiez do to the contrary, my 30-40fps are more than enough for me to play Quake3, or Unreal Tourney. As Kruzin is fond of pointing out, some of us can frag your ass no matter how many FPS we have.

Do I wish Matrox would keep up? Well yeah. Someday soon a game will come out that requires so many polys that Matrox WON'T have 30fps anymore. It hasn't happened yet, but when it does I'll be a little miffed.

But I've been recommending G400's to people for a while now, even GAMERS. Because it's the highest quality card available. And it's pretty darn cheap now.

Oh well, some FPS kiddiez will never understand.

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmmm, Could you guys load up Giants or Sacrifice on your G400'S? (Haven't bothered to stick my TNT/G400 in to compare yet...still too busy building my new computer)

Here's my Giants scores in Windows 2000 Professional:

Giants

Press T button. Type in FR. Turn left until you see the Shelter on Beach Hold FPS over it.

D3D

640X480 =10/10
                              800X600 =10/10
                              1024X768=8/8

T&L HAL

640X480 =14/14
                              800X600 =13/13
                              1024X768=12/12

9x users are getting around 30fps on their Geforce's\Radeon's. This game is processor limitied. Also this game was based mostly around Geforce level of performance. Giants/Sacrifice are a glimpse of games to come.....
                              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
                              X