my g400 has hiccups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my g400 has hiccups

in every game i play i get little frame jitters at regular intervals this has been happening since i got the card going on a year ago, and still have found no solution for it. help!

windows 98 se
    pII 400
    128 mb ram
    32 mb dual head g400
    soundblaster live

DL TaskInfo 2000 and install.

What apps are either loaded at boot or otherwise running at starup?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

this is all that the taskinfo says
      KERNEL32.DLL MSGSRV32.EXE MPREXE.EXE MSTASK.EXE mmtask.tsk EXPLORER.EXE TASKMON.EXE SYSTRAY.EXE DBSERVER.EXE AHQTB.EXE
      CTLAUNCHER.EXE PDESK.EXE STMS.EXE EBRR.EXE WMIEXE.EXE
      TASKINFO.EXE
      VxD NTKERN

thanks

Comment

Hardware monitoring software is always a main suspect.

Comment

you wouldn't by any chance have find fast on your hdd? if you do, try stopping it from loading in msconfig & see if it helps!

Comment

got rid of taskmon.exe and everything runs smoother now. thanks a bunch

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by silentboy:
              got rid of taskmon.exe and everything runs smoother now. thanks a bunch</font>
              I wouldn't disable that: "The Task Monitor tool included with Windows 98 and Windows Me records the disk access patterns of programs when they are started and stores this
              information in log files in the Applog folder. Task Monitor also records the
              number of times you use a program. Disk Defragmenter uses this information
              to optimize your hard disk so programs you use frequently are loaded faster." --newsgroups
              Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Who uses disk defragmenter anyway? Norton speeddisk is the way to go!

Comment

dZeus: AFAIK, Norton Speeddisk also uses the log files created by taskmon to optimize frequently used programs. When it says "Converting application start data", its reading these log files!
                  Cheers
                  Ovi

Comment

Working...
                  X