• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good G450 Dual Head Review!!

At Anandtech even!!

Beat out the Radeon and GeCrap Dualies.

http://www4.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1423&p=1

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

they say that the Matrox card forced them to reboot when they enabled dualhead... well, maybe it's because I'm using Win2k, but I never need to reboot Windows when I enable dualhead.... well, almost never (only when I change the secondary device from tv to monitor or the other way round).

Comment

Quote:
      Another downside is that current dual display setups are limited to 2D. In the case of the solutions out there now, only the primary display gets hardware 3D acceleration. This means that on the second display, no 3D can be outputted, limiting what you can do on the second display.

Thats not true. There was a demo out a while ago that involved running around a landscape and you could set it up so that when you shot your rocket, your second head showed the view the rocket was getting. This must have been accelerated because the water was EMBMed and still visible in the second head.

Ali

Comment

Check the Games featuring DualHead on Matrox's G400 enhanced games page.

Comment

That quote is obviously incorrect (gee, what a surprise...anandtech doesn't know what they are talking about ).
          If a program is written to use 3D DH, it will.
          Star Trek:Armada is one example, where you can get accelerated 3d on the secondary monitor.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey, how about that. There's an inaccuracy at AT. lol!

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Working...
            X