This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting bull: I think you misunderstood my point:

You said you couldn't see a difference between 1600x1200 on your 19" driven by a G400 or a Radeon.

Now apart from the fact which videocard has clearer output, it's very unlikely you can see the difference on a 19", unless you have some super high quality 19" monitor that can display 1600x1200 completely sharp. 1600x1200 is mostly only sharp on 21" and up. So if the monitor can't display it sharp enough, the difference in videocard won't matter as much.
    And my point was that he should rather try 1440x1080 (or 1400x1050) on his 19", because this resolution usually is optimal for a 19" monitor. And I also said 'can't use that res. on your Radeon? too bad!' because I though there is no way to add custom resolutions to the Radeon drivers. Correct me if I'm wrong

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 28 February 2001).]

Comment

sigh
      Yet another mini telling us what to buy...

Sitting Bull-
      I refer you first to this thread:
      http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001379.html

Second, I refer you to the Forum survival guide:
      http://forums.murc.ws/cgi-bin/ubbmis...n=2451969.1817

A quote from that survival guide:
      <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">As owners of Matrtox hardware, we've already decided which videocard is the "best", insofar as we've spent our money on a Matrox card. Debating the merits of other brands of video card over Matrox cards is strongly discouraged, and will likely result in fireballs aimed at your tender parts... Please keep such discussions to the The Soap Box.</font>
      I suggest you read the entire survival guide before posting again.

Thread closed.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X