Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Win2K and 9x drivers with a BIG bonus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yummy, big `M`s leadership in the business segment is bombproof now - and this is where the excellent profits are coming from.

As a result, this ensures that there are the financial resources for a new gaming card.

MK (who is feeling warm and fuzzy )

------------------
    EPoX BX7+100, Celeron II 566@859 MHz, Golden Orb, 256 MB PC133 Crucial (2-2-2), G400 16MB (Bios 1.9-33, PD 5.52, TGL V1.3), Highpoint U-ATA100 RAID, IBM DPTA 20,0GB U-ATA100, SB PCI128, Mitsumi CR-4801TE, Pioneer 36x slot-in, ZIP100, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400, Plustek 9636T, HP 930C, Win`98 SE

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 27 February 2001).]
    <font size="1">
    Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
    ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
    Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
    2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
    256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
    Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
    ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
    Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
    Plustek Optic Pro U12B
    HP Deskjet 959C
    Plantronics LS1 Headset
    all on W2k Professional SP2
    </font>

Comment

How cute... they broke the PixelTOUCH feature so it won't work with overlays. Congratulations Matrox!

Comment

No Win95 support, not even for OSR2.5 with properly installed AGP? I just might be forced into bootlegging a copy of w98.

Comment

No Win95 support? About time!

Office XP won't run on Win95 either. Wonder why?

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I can't get them to work.

win2000 +sp1
            asus a7v
            4in1 4.28
            ms agp hotfix
            G400Max

Simply says "installation failed" during setup. This is after using the uninstaller.

[This message has been edited by Rob M. (edited 27 February 2001).]

Comment

Is this windows 2000?

Comment

Sorry, realised I forgot info, it's fixed now. Checking that dualhead option on install makes no difference either..

Comment

Looks like I'm screwed too, it seems to want to install multiple adapters, it'll install 2 copies of the 5.33's, and if I remove all drivers, it'll do an endless install loop of the vga adapter (which, oddly enough, it won't find any drivers for at all)

Comment

Simple enough, did you uninstall using add/remove programs in the control panel?

After you do that, when you reboot, hit F8 and go into safe mode and then go to device manager to make sure you delete all display adapters there as well. Then reboot, and when it detects the card click cancel. Then run the setup.

Rags

Comment

I uninstalled using the matrox uninstaller utility. I don't have an option in add/remove now. The installer fails regardless of driver I try to install too, so I can't get anything back in the add/remove wizard. Gonna try to upgrade to via 4in1 4.29, then reinstall. <sigh>

Comment

Rob, you might want to download the drivers again, as maybe your copy of the drivers is corrupt?

Do download them from the ftp-server though, for as far as I can see, the rest of the Matrox server is down.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to the server.

The most likely cause of this problem is that the server is not currently running. Verify that the server is running and restart it if necessary.

Unix error number 146 occurred: Connection refused
                        </font>
                        Ah, but how do we restart the server, Haig?

Jord.
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

so far everything is ok...except...

my new matrox dvd player is broke...so is power dvd, says something about the resolution is not supported. i have both monitors set to 1280 x 1024 @ 16 bits, before, i was running 2560 x 1024 @ 16 bits.

is any anyone else having dvd playback problems?

my hardware hasn't changed...here it is

Motherboard: AMI MegaRUM II, dual 600Mhz Pentium III processors (installed), each with a 32/512 Cache configuration. 1 GB of PC100(CAS2), 8ns memory. Symbios Logic 53C896 U2W SCSI controllers. Intel 443GX Xeon chipset.

SCSI I/O:

Channel 1(LVD/U2): 4 Seagate LVD Cheetah 18LP, ST39103LW Ultra2 Wide SCSI-3 hard Drives, each with 1024k cache.

Channel 2(SE): JAZ 2GB internal, Plex-Writer 12/10/32s CDR-W, Pioneer DVD-303s ultra-scsi DVD reader and 2 UltraPlex-Wide 17/40 speed CD-ROM drives.

USB: USB Zip Drive, Epson Stylus Scan 2500, Intellimouse Explorer and 3com US Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem Pro

Networking: The network adapter is a 3Com 3Cr990-TX-95 PCI 10/100 Mbps Ethernet controller.

Video: Matrox G400 Max with Dual Head. The primary display is a Panasonic PanaSync E21, .25-dot pitch, 20" viewable; the secondary display is a Samsung 17" Flat Panel Display(.264mm pitch) model 770TFT.

Multi-media: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live PCI Bus Mastering sound card. Speaker system is the Cambridge Works FPS2000 Digital speaker system.

cc

Comment

If you do want to download the drivers again, you can get them from MURC's front page. Ant is on the ball

Rags

Comment

hey,

i discovered two things since i posted..

all my componets are gone from the advanced tab in the matrox dvd players settings

dxdiag now has two displays listed, both pass all test except the #2 display does not pass the agp texturing, fails at step 18 with an out of memory(HRES) address

cc

Comment

I have no problems running the DVD player right now, and I tried it in stretched and single monitor modes.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                                X