Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ddhelp + G400 = Illegal Operations... HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddhelp + G400 = Illegal Operations... HELP!

I have an AMD K6-2 333/Asus P5A-B Motherboard with a Soundblaster Live and Matrox G400. ALL of my drivers are current (including the bios, AGP drivers, and Direct X 8).

In newer games, like Blade of Darkness and Sacrifice, I keep getting "Illegal Operation/Invalid Page Fault" errors caused by Ddhelp (which is something to do with Direct X). Microsoft's knowledge base says that the conflict is caused because of the Matrox video drivers, and to be sure to use the most current video drivers (which I am).

I would buy a TNT2 or Geforce, but my motherboard is not compatible with them. I am so tired of fighting with my G400. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

PS: I recently did a clean install of Win98SE also.

[This message has been edited by Crazy_Train (edited 21 March 2001).]

Thanks for deleting your duplicate threads in the other forums. I did a search for your MB in the forums and saw various things about updating the AGP drivers, ALI drivers, etc. DuRaNgO mentioned in one that you should install the aliagp drivers after you install the Matrox PD drivers. There's a few folks with your MB around here (like nehalmistry) so they should be able to chime in if that doesn't fix your problem. See if you can spot anything else in a search.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I have tried those things that you mentioned, but I am having no luck. Thanks.

Comment

Did you try this with DX7 before upgrading? Its kind of a pain to retrofit DX but it can be done if you're game.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
        X