How to monitor G450 chip temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to monitor G450 chip temperature?

I see there is a sort of a thermal sensor fixed to the heatsink. Is there a method (utility?) to monitor the chip's temperature?

Actually that wire is a grounding wire, not a thermal sensor. I don't own a G450, there might be ways to get the temperature other than just sticking a probe on it.

Comment

What?! A grounding wire?!

I bet they added it just because people have a habit of touching the heatsink to see how hot it runs, and the resulting static discharge could damage the chip.

Comment

Hello Alexei

Try using 1 of your mobo sensors.
        _______
        Chen

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Alexei:
          What?! A grounding wire?!

I bet they added it just because people have a habit of touching the heatsink to see how hot it runs, and the resulting static discharge could damage the chip.

</font>
          No - heatsinks work quite well as aerials inside an electrically-noisy PC. It's just a safeguard to stop one possible cause of unreliability.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Ok there's no visible thermal sensor...

How about the 3 wire fan on my G400max ??

------------------
            K63+550/96M/SCSI/G400Max
            K63+550/192M/SCSI/G400Max

Comment

Sorry guys, there aren't any thermal sensors on the graphics cards. If you want to monitor temperature you can get either of these items and tape a flat sensor on the side of the chip for an approximate temperature reading.
              Just don't put the sensor between the heat sink and chip

http://millisec.safeshopper.com/36/140.htm?608

or a CompuNurse for taking a single reading.
              http://www.Inflowdirect.com/comthersen.html

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Again U can modify the fan connector & cabel so it'll fit in2 1 of your free mobo fan jacks.

Comment

Working...
                X