Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland's answer for why 41fps with Q3A Timedemo 001 1024x768x32 High Quality MAX..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland's answer for why 41fps with Q3A Timedemo 001 1024x768x32 High Quality MAX..

First off, thanks for your reply - I'm glad you read my review....

In regards to the benchmark number, I did run Quake3 (default version) at 1024x768x32 @ HQ MAX settings on my P!!! test-bed.

However, I must confess - my system is mildly overclocked. I run my P!!! 1Ghz on an Abit BX133-RAID motherboard (135Mhz FSB / 90Mhz AGP) and that's why I get those values. I also have 192MB of RAM running at CAS2, and I was using BETA Matrox drivers for the test (which I received direct from Matrox), so there may be performance gains in this new driver revisions.

A question - what's your system specs?

From my extensive testing with Matrox hardware, the GPU seems limited at CPU speeds below 650Mhz - it's when you go past that and into high-end P!!!/Athlon territory that you get decent 3D performance.

Hope this helps -
    Roland Braganza
    www.rolotech.com

Here I thank Roland for replying for the e-mail I sent him yesterday regarding the 41fps he got.

[This message has been edited by JackYi (edited 22 March 2001).]

Please post this in the thread you already have running.
    There is no need to scatter one conversation across many threads.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X