• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hehehe

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

• But what about giving some hints about technical specs like T&L or no T&L or some new methods of mapping ...

MK
      <font size="1">
      Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
      ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
      Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
      2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
      256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
      Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
      ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
      Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
      Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
      Plustek Optic Pro U12B
      HP Deskjet 959C
      Plantronics LS1 Headset
      all on W2k Professional SP2
      </font>

Comment

• T&L, programmable vertex shaders, 250mhz fastcas ddr ram (64 megs) in sync with core (at 250 mhz) to decrease latency, hsr-like features (somewhere in between gf3's and kyro's) to increase effective bandwidth, agp8x (though this won't be of any use because no chipset supports it yet)..

don't believe me a second, i'm only telling you what you want to hear

AZ

Comment

• Of course I was referring to spilling the beans about the card's capabilities, not its name. I don't care if they call the card "Matrox Graphics Processor" or some such meaningless name, just so it offers something beyond what the competition is putting up (high quality is assumed).
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

• I thought it was using 512 MB of QDR (quad data rate) memory.

Maybe it's name the Matrox Ant?

b
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

• matrox mysterium. it's a cross between mystique and millenium, and the card has been a mystery for some years now, so it'd fit

btw i expect it to be either too expensive (would be really sad for me because i wouldn't be able to purchase it) or not revolutionary great performing.. which would be fine with me.. i don't expect a gf3-killer (performance-wise) and i don't need it

AZ

Comment

• I'd expect TCFKAG to be a reasonably priced, reasonable performer not an expensive Gf3 killer. TDFKAAME (The Dude Formerly Known As A Matrox Employee) stated that the next card would be a mid range card followed later in the year by two new cards, one another mid range card the other a high performer.

The problem Matrox have is they have these things in the pipeline but get so bogged down with one it has a serious knock on effect on the other. I firmly believe if Matrox hadn't bothered with the G450, or even just left it as a pure OEM card, we'd already have TCFKAG, the leaked Matrox roadmap clearly had TCFKAG down as a late summer 2000 release. I'd be very suprised if CeBIT was anything more than a chip announcement with maybe some early beta hardware on show if anything at all. That then leads us back into the long wait for a real product so I'd say July for a product release at the earliest. Hell we still haven't got the Marvel G450 eTV, when was that announced?

Comment

• Thanx for bringing us back down to earth Ant!
                  I think I'm going to cry now!

------------------
                  Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

• I've resigned to agree with that predicted roadmap but I think the upcoming card will be faster than the Max, perhaps even still built on the G450 chip (hopefully not).
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

• Ant - how are you defining mid range ? If mid range for Matrox is somewhere between the MX and the GF2, then it will be enough for quite a time ...

Concerning the problems in development you mentioned: Are you guessing or do you KNOW something ?

MK
                      <font size="1">
                      Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                      Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                      Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                      Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                      HP Deskjet 959C
                      Plantronics LS1 Headset
                      all on W2k Professional SP2
                      </font>

Comment

• Just a logical guess, but if it is capable of doing 28 million triangles...

I'd say that mid-range would be between GF2 & GF3 performance. (Hopefully it'll have the GF3 DX8 feature set though )

Comment

• I've seen mid range quoted a couple of times, can't exactly say what that means without any specs to back it up, just have to take an educated guess I suppose.

The problems in development I'm referring to are the G450, prime example the G450 eTV, still not out, release date keeps getting pushed back. That must mean they are having problems with it, they therefore must be pumping additional resources into it that could have been used elsewhere. Hey I work in R&D myself this is what happens

Comment

• g550 - if you can read Russian (or use babelfish) check this out

http://www.ixbt.com/news/index.shtml#984692812

[This message has been edited by Alexei (edited 15 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Alexei (edited 15 March 2001).]

Comment

• I'd guess they're saying that Matrox is announcing the G550 at GDC and it will support displacement bumpmapping.

Comment

• Could it be that the G800 is the completely new chip that is (according to Ant & the TDFKAAME) coming later this year ?

MK
                                <font size="1">
                                Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                                Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                                Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                                Plustek Optic Pro U12B