Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox buys eDRAM Technologie form Bitboys

Hiho,

On the CeBIT one Women form Matrox tels us that Matrox has buy the eDRAM Technologie.

http://www.planetmatrox.de/news/?id=120

Mfg
    Xabbel

Translation:

A press spokeswoman von Matrox has me on the CeBIT acknowledges the Matrox with Bitboys together operates closely. According to its predicate Matrox has to integrate among other things the memory technology of Bitboys bought around it into future products. Whether eDRAM the Techologie will already find in that, probably this year coming, Millennium G800 use wanted it to me unfortunately not betrayed.

Ali

Comment

though I were one of the firsts talking about Matrox and Bitboys posible co-operation, based on the facts I know at the moment, I think this is a FOOLSDAY joke

"Dippadai"

Comment

hmmm.... I find it hard to believe that anyone from Matrox dares to talk about this kind of stuff (NDA).

Could be true though (or a foolsday joke ... it's the 1st of April, so anything can be true )

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 01 April 2001).]

Comment

Fools...

Comment

if it is true, then it makes one difficult choice less for me on next summer.

everybody should read this before starting to talk about how VAPORWARE company Bitboys is:
            http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/noncgi...ML/002426.html

as Far I know, the guy who calls himself as Dave has nothing to do with Bitboys and still he says that there is something waiting...

(Dave showed some screenshots taken with GF3 before it was released so he knows what he is talking about.)

besides, I think many MURCers would like to see those memory bandwidths from eSa's post in next gen Matrox card. (hmmh... that single chip makes about over three times wider memory bandwidth than GF3 has...)

still I think that it is a foolsday joke. Matrox has it's own partners and Bitboys have their own. (they are still co-operating with Infeon tech. so I think it is dropping Matrox out.)
            "Dippadai"

Comment

Remember Matrox bought EMBM of bitboys. They do talk, so it is possible.

If bitboys have a patent on this, then Matrox would be silly not to get in early if they had the chance.

Nvidia wouldnt care about patents, and just use the tech, and spend the next 5 years in court, then buy Bitboys out with the money they made by using stolen technology (aka Nvidia vs 3dfx)

Ali

Comment

Ali, still as I said... I really like the idea having Bitboys 3D and Matrox 2D in same card.

and if they are making co-operation, then I don't need to choice between two cards next summer. I have only one choice!

and if you read that link, it is going to be one h*ll*v* video card.

As far I know ( checked 2 weeks ago), Bitboys are this time in schedule. This means that massproduction of the chips begins Q2/2001 (which means: at any day/moment.)

[This message has been edited by Nappe1 (edited 01 April 2001).]
                "Dippadai"

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">(aka Nvidia vs 3dfx)</font>
                  aka nVidia vs. Matrox
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Greebe:
                    aka nVidia vs. Matrox</font>
                    Ah, but Nvidia hasnt bought Matrox (yet)

Ali

Comment

Talking of April fools, my girlfriend came up to me today and said that she was pregnant. I immediately went white as a sheet until and she admitted it was an April fools day joke just to see how I would react. Luckily for me she wasnt, though I did managed to spend the next 2 hours in a pub recovering:-)
                      Although this has nothing to do with Bitboys it does prove that any old rubbish can occur on this blessed day.:-).
                      However if Bitboys/Matrox does come to pass then I will apologise to all and spend another 2 hours in the pub commiserating myself on my abject wrongness:-)

regards MD
                      Interests include:
                      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

They only stole employees and technology from M.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Perfect, A company that never did release anything remotely resembling a video card selling technology to Matrox, who can't figure out how to release their next one!

Hehehe!

------------------
                          Nothing sadder than seeing a beautiful theory getting slammed by an ugly fact!
                          Nothing sadder than seeing a beautiful theory getting slammed by an ugly fact!

Comment

Unam, BitBoys did come up with EMBM.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Unam:
                              Perfect, A company that never did release anything remotely resembling a video card selling technology to Matrox, who can't figure out how to release their next one!

Hehehe!
                              </font>
                              Unam! you did not read my link! http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/noncgi...ML/002426.html

read this and then you should admit that you were wrong!

Bitboys designed Pyramid 3D in 1997 and it had All functions that were now introduced as new technology with GeForce3 (that means, it had programmable Geometry Processor (nowadays HW T&L), programmable pixel pipeline (called nowadays as pixel shader), EMBM and because it had programmable Geometry processor, I heard that it was able to things like Displacement Mapping just with reprogramming the Core...

and all this in the 1997! when I saw list what that chip could really do and saw that those chips really exists, my additude against Bitboys changed completely.

chips and even developper boards are really made, but because of Tritech (the Manufacturer.) it did not ever went to the Massproduction.

but still it was full working product.
                              (somebody was selling Pyramid3D developper board in eBay... pics are from there.)

and the link to eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1225491891

[This message has been edited by Nappe1 (edited 02 April 2001).]
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                              X