Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm... what have i done wrong?

Hiya all,

I have just reinstalled Win2K on my computer and I have noticed that I have no AGP texture acceleration. I have had this before, but I can’t remember how I resolved it.

I am using a G400 on an Asus A7V:

Bios (revision 1007/fxd):
    AGP speed set to x2 (x1, x2, x4 available – makes no observable difference)
    Fast Writes enabled (if I disable it it makes no difference)
    All other AGP settings set to auto

Win2K:
    DirectX 8.0
    G400 Driver 5.51
    Hardware acceleration set to full

Er… do you need any other info, as I don’t really know what would enable/disable this…

TIA,

Paddy
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Patrick,

- did you run netmeeting desktop sharing? if so, disable it.
    - did you install the latest VIA 4in1 drivers? if not, download and install the 4.29v one from www.viahardware.com
    - did you disable busmastering? if so, re-enable it in the powerdesk options tab
    - are you running your desktop in 24bit colour mode? if so, change to either 16bpp or 32bpp

I hope it's one of these things
    Good luck!

Comment

Paddy, have you installed the win2k AGP patch which should be on your m/board cd?

Comment

Strange. That looks like the 5.3x bug that disabled AGP tex accel with VIA/Athlon systems. 5.51 cured it though...

Look at dZeus sugestions...

Comment

Ayoub: er... no - I have misplaced the CD! Do you mean the LargePageMinimun reg fix?

dZeus: no to all.
          I installed netmeeting and then disabled remote desktop sharing.
          I am using the VIA 4in1 v4.29a
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I installed netmeeting and then disabled remote desktop sharing.

If this means that at one point it was enabled, then simply disabling it won't work.

Try the following:

- enable desktop sharing by using the desktop sharing wizard.

- right click on the Desktop sharing icon (NOT the Netmeeting icon) in the taskbar and choose "Exit".

- go back into the desktop sharing configuration and disable Desktop Sharing.

- reboot. It should be ok now.

Haig

Comment

Haig,
              Do I understand You correctly, that the AGP texture problem on Via chipsets has been solved? At least 5.51 release doc says, the problem is unsolved:
              http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...k551_notes.txt

Comment

Hi Rene,

yes it has been solved but the release notes weren't updated.

Regards

Comment

Many thanx, Haig!
                  I just read the doc and since there was no fixes I was intrested in, I didn't even download 5.51 drivers. One problem fixed now

Comment

Paddy, you can get the patch from here if that's the problem.

Comment

Doh!

- this is the fourth time i have tried to post this, so here goes:

I er.... installed 5.31 by mistake ....so...erm...I am very sorry for all the inconvenience!

I feel a little bit sheepish!

[begin flames]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Paddy [MU]:
                        I feel a little bit sheepish!</font>
                        That's odd, you look more goatish than sheepish.

------------------
                        Andrew
                        Carpe Cerevisi
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                        X