Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vincent said we should read it closely, didn't he ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hardcore gaming marked segment is pretty small indeed, the casual gaming marked is not however.

Matrox isn't really competitive in this marked either, with the G4xx series being priced around the level of Geforce2 MX and Radeon SDR, Matrox isn't really an appealing option for OEM's right now.

I can't remember when I last saw a OEM PC with a Matrox card in it. Dell, IBM and Compaq all use either integrated graphics or nVidia cards.

It looks to me as if Matrox has become a on-demand product, and sales in this area must be slim.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

What you must remember is that this guy is from Matrox PR, it is a very politcal speach designed to cover their assess.

Comment

Hmmmm....

This reminds me how much I dislinke pepole from Matrox PR.......

------------------
        - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

Matrox has but one purpose, to overpay Haig for all his efforts.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by CHHAS:

...Matrox isn't really an appealing option for OEM's right now.

I can't remember when I last saw a OEM PC with a Matrox card in it. Dell, IBM and Compaq all use either integrated graphics or nVidia cards.

It looks to me as if Matrox has become a on-demand product, and sales in this area must be slim.
            </font>
            The company that I work at has just purchased approx 1,000 new computer systems from Dell. My understanding is they all have G200's in them....
            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">5/ Matrox's financial health
              Matrox is a privately owned and privately funded company. Due to this, no financial information can be provided. I can nonetheless provide you with some precisions:
              - Matrox has always been profitable since its creation. That is the reason why we never needed to call upon external investments.
              - Matrox works on stable and very high potential markets (multi-displays, image processing, video acquisition) though its multiple divisions.
              - Matrox privileges stable and serious clients (OEM)
              - and let's not forget that Matrox is today the oldest graphics company with its 25 years of experience and innovation.
              </font>
              Gotta love that statement!

Evidence that they actually do have a clue as to what they are doing in this business.

amish

[This message has been edited by Electric Amish (edited 22 April 2001).]
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Beezer:
                I don't doubt that you can order a Dell with a Matrox card. I just checked their homepage (and IBM's and Compaq's), none of the PC's listed as standard systems have Matrox cards in them.

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Hello Chaas
                  I'm not sure what Dell say on their website but have a look at the following from the Murcers frontpage entitled

Dell Choose The G450
                  It seems that they have chosen it as an option for one of the Optiplex range.

I know it's not a g200 but this could also be an option.

regards MD
                  Interests include:
                  Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Cool

If it was up to me all PC's should come with Matrox cards

I just couldn't find any PC's with them at the top vendors sites

Comment

Nevermind that one can't find 'em on the net, as long as they exist: http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_cent...te_designs.cfm
                      Gotta smile to that "world's fastest Windows acceleration" part

Comment

Rags:
                        LMAO

Rubank:
                        try a different perspective ...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Jorden:
                        Well, I just used the desktop zoom in WinME and I didn't see anything inscrupulous. Lots of pixelation, yes, but it looked okay

Jord.
                        </font>
                        better polish that monitor, Jord ...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">11/ Next products
                        Visibly, your interest goes to Gamers solutions. I invite you to start by reading the whole of the answers I posted so you can better understand Matrox policies which, I can reassure you, are not turning towards the "low-end".</font>
                        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi,
                          that´s exactly what I did.

rubank

Comment

forgive my editorial:

This discussion is a large reason that I felt the industry made a mistake abandoning the separate 3D accelerator card model.

Buy yourself a nice 32MB AGP 2D card, which becomes quasi-permanent in your system. Upgrade a $150 PCI 3D upgrade card every 6-12 months, rather than a whole new 300-400 single card.

There were reasons to abondon it: e.g. everyone was going AGP transfer (or so they thought, since the technology still hasn't become ultra-necessary).

But there are solutions to must problems. Hucking away your 300 gaming card every 6 months is ludicrous.
                            System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

> Hucking away your 300 gaming card every 6 months is ludicrous

Damn straight. That's why my MAX is 1-1/2 years old. It still works. Well. And nobody says that you have to buy every new line nVidia puts out.

The days of a two-card solution are behind us for now. It's too messy. Display quality degradation, competition for bandwidth, and the special protocols and drivers for card-to-card interaction, god it would really, really suck.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Here is a quote from a moderator at http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...L/000432.html, regarding the article from Planete Matrox forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE>Keep in mind that this is striclty talking about the hardcore gaming market, not the 'general gamers'</BLOCKQUOTE>
                                If they just release something (soon )that can compete with the GF2 MX and Radeon VE I'm satisfied.
                                Fett med para

Comment

Working...
                                X