G400 - Sync on Green?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 - Sync on Green?

posted this on matrox's support forum but they told me to go here...

---

Hi,
    I have a G400 Dual Head 32MB OEM AGP card, a 17" NF DiamondTron Monitor, and a Hitachi Fixed Frequency CM2086A3E (Nissei Sangya CM2086A) 20" monitor, which has 4 BNC connectors on the back.

I have looked up information about the Hitachi, and have read that it is a "Sync on Green" monitor. I have also found the correct frequency it needs, (64khz horiz, 60hz vert, 1280 by 1024), and when connecting as my 2nd monitor with the correct cable (vga to 4 bnc) i get a picture, but it needs to be "synced on green" as it is rolling up quickly.

I read that with old Matrox millenium cards there was a built in ability to provide a sync on green signal... is there such a thing included with the G400?

If not should I just get rid of this big monitor? or is there another cheap way to get the monitor to work? does anyone know of any software for example that might enable me to get this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Joshua Waller http://fp.joshwa.f9.co.uk

Use the Search option on these forums. This comes up again and again.

Oh, and welcome to MURC. Hope you hang around.

[This message has been edited by Wombat (edited 16 May 2001).]
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

you'll find the information you need at the matroX files site http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/
      GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Good news! I tried PowerStrip and I've got it working!! I'm just watching the Matrix on it as I type this on my 17" WOOHOO! I found the help by doing a search through these forums!

Wahey!

Comment

another question...

why does DVD playback only play up to a certain point on my 20" (at 1280 by 1024 /16)? When I drag to a certain point it decides not to display, and that section is black?

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

Josh

Comment

Working...
          X