DVD Playback problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Playback problem...

Hi, I recently set up my PC with another monitor, so that now I have a 20" 1280 by 1024 (sync on green) monitor as Monitor 1 at 16bpp, and a 17" 1280 by 1024 monitor as monitor 2 at 32bpp... but i am having this problem...

DVD playback only plays up to a certain point on my 20" (at 1280 by 1024 /16)? When I drag to a certain point it decides not to display, and that section is black?

Anyone else have this problem? I have a G400 32MB AGP OEM card (i like it ALOT!!).

Cheers,

Josh
    http://fp.joshwa.f9.co.uk

ps - i use the bundled Matrox DVD player that came with my card, on a CD, I have the latest Matrox drivers, but I don't know whether this updated my DVD player or not?

Cheers,

Josh

Comment

You are experiencing a typical problem with video cards and what is called 'video overlay'. Typically, only one video overlay is allowed at a time, and it's kind of stuck to displaying only in the first monitor. This is despite your ability to move the window anywhere you wish. Most DVD software will only work in video overlay mode, unless you are doing full screen. In the video display properties of the desktop, under dualhead, you should have seen a setting for dvdmax, perhaps greyed out. By choosing the correct options, you can enable this feature and watch dvd full screen on the 2nd monitor, while the dvd window in the first monitor screen is minimized. At least powerdvd seems to work that way. At any rate, you could also have 2 full screen views of the movie at the same time, kinda like twin tv's. Weird but cool, in a way. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X