Crashes while viewing DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes while viewing DVDs

Has anyine else had any problems with the Matrox G400 while viewing DVD's? My machine closes down my MGI softdvd app contstantly...Please advise

Dual IntelP366, Matrox Dual 32MB G400, 380MB RAM...

What OS, DVD software and IRQ's for said hardware please.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Does it happen during the film or right at the start? If it's during, I'd guess at heat.

Next time it dies, immediately eject the disc and feel how hot it is. Also, how good is the airflow around the G400's CPU?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by SteveC:
        Does it happen during the film or right at the start? If it's during, I'd guess at heat.

Next time it dies, immediately eject the disc and feel how hot it is. Also, how good is the airflow around the G400's CPU?

</font>
        So you're saying it might be my DVD ROM generating too much heat and not my card? Please say that Don't say it's my card My card has 2" space around it plus I added a fan to the heatsink.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Greebe:
          What OS, DVD software and IRQ's for said hardware please.</font>
          Win2K MGA SoftDVD, all IRQ's are dynamic within the system as all cards are PCI. Should I make sure there is no IRQ sharing among the G400 and other cards?

Comment

You don't need to check to see if they are on their own IRQ if using ACPI under Win2K.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Greebe:
              You don't need to check to see if they are on their own IRQ if using ACPI under Win2K.</font>
              I am using ACPI

Comment

MGA softDVD? Is it the one that came with your G400? If so, it won't work under win2k, it was released before win2k was even in development. Matrox has a DVD player that works great under win2k for sale on their website for a very reasonable price, and I like it very well.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 12 June 2001).]

Comment

And mine is stuck at the DHL depot bugger it.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yeah - scrap that DVD player and use a more modern one - one off matrox' site, or powerdvd 3 or windvd2000 or something.

If it still doesn't work, check the heat of the disc like I said - I've seen dvd heat problems before.

------------------
                    Cheers,
                    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
                    X