Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ali:
    Every 10-20 cold boots my G400 bios dies, and I have to recover it.</font>

Why don't you get the card warrantied. I'm sure they would do it if it happens that frequently.

I never had any problems with my MAX at all.
    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
    people do all day!"

Comment

Xortam I think it's over to Haig at this one.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sometimes my computer will not initialise video on boot. I will get the post beep, but then at about the time the monitor usually clicks and warms up, I get "beepbeepbeep, bebooop". The monitor light beside the power switch on the front of the monitor stays orange. It normally changes to green. And I have to turn the power off on the back of the computer. Then let is sit for a few seconds and then power on. It is kinda scary. Is this related to what is being talked about here?

Thanx

------------------
        AsusP3B-F,P3 880 Slot1, 512megsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 6.21 ,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
        Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem,Linksys EtherFast LNE100TX nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Well if I had the pc speaker connected I'm sure I'd get some beeps. Yep I get the same thing it normal starts now after a couple of months and starts getting more regular then one day it's no go and you have to recover the bios.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Bohrn:
            Sometimes my computer will not initialise video on boot. I will get the post beep, but then at about the time the monitor usually clicks and warms up, I get "beepbeepbeep, bebooop". The monitor light beside the power switch on the front of the monitor stays orange. It normally changes to green. And I have to turn the power off on the back of the computer. Then let is sit for a few seconds and then power on. It is kinda scary. Is this related to what is being talked about here?

Thanx
            </font>
            I had this problem once too. It turned out to be a knackered AGP slot in the MOBO. It started off how you describe it but steadily got worse and worse until it was taking over 30 minutes to boot. It always started when warm, but never from cold. I think that as it warmed up, the AGP connectors expanded until they made contact - so it started working.

It may be just as simple as the card not quite being plugged in properly (hopefully). so you could try re-seating it. I ended up borrowing another vid card to try and got the same problem - hence I knew it was a MOBO problem. One new Mobo later - problem fixed.

Uppity
            Uppity

Comment

Working...
            X