No announcement yet.

Is there any place where I can purchase NEW G400 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason why I want the G400 Max is thatit has the 360Hz Ramdac, while G400 has 300Hz ramdac.

Comment

Hmm... I might need some of the older guys that were around with me in the G200 days... but I believe that you could change the ramdac settings through the pins file..

I can't remember if it actually did change anything other than the number though
      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

MatroX files has the info on how to change the PINS on the G400 to increase the RAMDAC clock.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ok, that's understandable. If you really need the higher speed RAMDAC for a resolution that you want to run at, the people on this forum could also help you reprogram the BIOS to run a G400's RAMDAC at 360MHz (no warranty expressed or implied ).
          If this isn't for a refresh/resolution reason, then you don't need a RAMDAC that fast.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Of course you want a Max. The fastest Matrox gaming card going ... for over two and a half years.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The only thing a MAX has over a standard G400 is 5ns ram vs 6ns. That and a fan. Otherwise, they are the same card, same chip, just clocked at different speeds.
              Do what most of us have done...slap an old 486 fan on the standard G400 heatsink and overclock it. Many (if not most) can get their cards up to (and possibly beyond) MAX speeds. And if you search the forum, you can find the way to do it all in the card's BIOS, including hopping the RAMDAC up to 360 if you really need to. My card has been running overclocked like this for about 2 years
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Of course you want a Max. The fastest Matrox gaming card going ... for over two and a half years. [/QUOTE]

Good one xortam! LOL!

------------------
                MatroxG400MAX..and some other stuff

Comment

Working...
                X