No announcement yet.

G450+KVM switch=shaky image+ghosting, other graphics card works fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TomR2, when I first got the KVM I had a linux machine with a Mil II and a Win98 machine with a G400MAX. With the G400MAX running at 1024 something I noticed the ghosting right away.

Now I have the G400 in my in my Linux system running 1280x960 and the ghosting is easy to see. I now have a GF2 Pro in my Windows machine and the 2D image quality is so bad that the KVM does not seem to make much of a difference.

Maybe I will also try a different set of cables before I get a new KVM.

jImbEam

Comment

My Belkin OmniSE 4 port caused the ghosting problem as well. If I used their "gold" cables to extend my monitor cable, I also got ghosting. The problem went away when I just said "fvck this!" and used the other input on my Sony monitor

I now use the KVM to toggle just the keyboard and mouse. When I had 3 comps hooked to it, yes, I bit the bullet and used the video switching for the lesser 2 computers (the ones that basically only ran SETI) but who cares about image quality then? A monitor with two inputs will always give you better image quality anyhow.

Comment

Well, unfortunately, I can't say 'fvck this!' because my monitor only has one input. Didn't even know dual input monitors existed. Just went to the Sony website to check it out. I just bought my 2nd monitor though, and I've no more money to spend...

Regards,
        Tom

Comment

I don't have 2 inputs on my monitor either, but I bet my next monitor will. Until then I may try one of the KVMs recommened earlier.

jImbEam

Comment

Working...
          X