Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mwahahahahah! you won´t belive this one!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that we can continue to explore this discussion in a mature manner and not get into an arguement of any kind and that all parties can discuss this open mindedly and honestly to the best of their opinions!
    MATROX RULES!!!! And that is all that needs to be said.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel

MATROX RULES!!!! And that is all that needs to be said.

Joel
      Well so much for open mindedness!....oh well what can you expect from a Mod!

Comment

I have that Gainward card... its a keeper

Comment

Casper... Boy?! You don't even bother to address my querry with what monitor and what res and yet you call me boy?! What a pathetic looser
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            Casper... Boy?! You don't even bother to address my querry with what monitor and what res and yet you call me boy?! What a pathetic looser
            With your attitude DWEEB!....Greebe whatever, same thing!

Moderator huh?.....and who did you blow to get the job you WEENIE....god what an @$$hole!

You need to calm down!

Im finished with you!!!!!!

Comment

Viking yup mice pies = eyes.

I can't understand why you think poeple with poor eye sight will notice the differance as easily. Having poor eyesite does make it more difficult to tell the differance and I wonder how I know that.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Casper ... why don't you make like a nice little ghost and disappear?!
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ummmm ... oh, never mind ... Casper, show a bit of respect, even with Greebe`s attitude ... he knows his stuff. When somebody asks something, its polite to answer them, and as for attitude, he didnt say anything out of order. Things are repeating themselves on the fori too often, and he ALWAYS asks the questions about Monitor type & resolution ... for a reason. If you have a crappy monitor, no matter what video card you use, the image will still be crappy. If you use lower resolutions, the difference is not as noticable as with higher resolutions. So all you had to do is answer the question.
                  Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe

I hope at least your're not going to pull a Galvin on us.
                    I dont think Greebe was off to a good start with this comment so i asked him to calm down, i dont take kindly to people comparing me to others or assuming im starting something without first asking me.
                    Greebe has been known for being a bit of an @$$ and treating others around here with no repsect so i dont think he deserves any.
                    If others treat me with respect i will do the same, if they treat me poorly i will treat them the same. I dont think my reaction should come as a surprise to him or anyone else, he treats alot of people with no respect!

omegaRED , you asking me to give him respect despite his attitude is pretty lame on your part! ....and i dont think its fair of you to go around asking others to look the other way when Greebe is acting like that, all you are doing is reinforcing his behavior!...No Thanks!

Cheers!

Comment

Casper ... the friendly ghost.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Holy Shit Batman!!!!!

Is there a Full Moon or, is it "That" time of the month again??????

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Casper99

I dont think Greebe was off to a good start with this comment so i asked him to calm down, i dont take kindly to people comparing me to others or assuming im starting something without first asking me.
                          Greebe has been known for being a bit of an @$$ and treating others around here with no repsect so i dont think he deserves any.
                          If others treat me with respect i will do the same, if they treat me poorly i will treat them the same. I dont think my reaction should come as a surprise to him or anyone else, he treats alot of people with no respect!

omegaRED , you asking me to give him respect despite his attitude is pretty lame on your part! ....and i dont think its fair of you to go around asking others to look the other way when Greebe is acting like that, all you are doing is reinforcing his behavior!...No Thanks!

Cheers!
                          first of all, I don't see Greebe treating you with no respect in his first post in this thread, second of all, according to your logic let's all throw with mud when one person starts.

Comment

Okay, everyone, let's just ignore Casper and move on.

I got my Gainward GF3 today. It's EXACTLY the same, visual quality wise as my VisionTek (who, BTW, IS the reference board maker for nVidia, and makes Elsa's cards).

From 1024X768 @85Hz up, the quality is noticeably worse. I would go so far to say it's even a bit worse than my Radeon. Ghosting on white, and blue on white would bleed. Noticeable movement. Maybe I will film it later on and show the pixel shift by showing some frames.

As always, I tried it on all 6 of my monitors, same results.

EDIT: I am still amazed at what kind of visual quality (or lack of) a 330 dollar card can produce.

Rags
                            Last edited by Rags; 17 August 2001, 18:10.

Comment

Say Rags ... what kind of visual problems do you see with your Radeon?

Comment

Ghosting and a shimmering effect around text and scaled boxes. Scrolling flicker is also present, as is some pixel movement, although both are pretty minor.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                                X