• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beta Drivers for G400!!

New drivers!
    HERE!

and with new drivers also the first new bug I've discovered:

with DVD-MAX the aspect ratio is set to 'allways scale to fullscreen' independant of what you select in the dvd-max options tab.... ARG!!!!

btw. they've incorporated the powerdesk dualhead selection tab style as found in previous releases of win9x drivers I see, (which is rather new to me).

I've found out that I suddenly can use clone at a desktop resolution of 1440x1080 on my primary head, while with previous drivers I was limited to 1024x768 with my G400 !

Anyway, the only way to enable clone is through a hotkey? and not through a checkbox, and for dvd-max it's entirely the other way round? (what's the logic in that?)

What does 'favor performance / image quality' in the clone properties tab? and is there a way to sync monitor and tv-out, like there was in previous drivers? (disable 'keep optimal refresh rate') when clone is enabled?

sorry for these questions, but I've never used the new dualhead style controls before
    Last edited by dZeus; 21 August 2001, 18:12.

Comment

That's not a bug... it's a new feature!

Bwahahahahahahaha
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Oh my!!! It actually say's they're supporting XP. Surprise, surprise. Now no more whining!
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Somebody do some bench's w/ those new drivers.
          Primary system specs:
          Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Can't be too sure, but I lost a few points in 3DMark 2001.

Of course its all relative, since I'm running such a slow processor.

It's funny, because I thought the scenes were going by a little faster. And it also looks like the image quality is improved a little.

This is on a G400DH 32MB SGRAM.

Chuck
            Tyan S1598C2 1.06e BIOS
            AMD K6-3+ 450 at 6.0x100 2.19 Vcore
            Sapphire Radeon 9500 ATi Radeon
            512MB PC133 CAS 2 Mushkin (2x256MB)
            Seagate 7200.7 160GB SATA
            Syba PCI SATA Controller
            SoundBlaster 16 PCI
            Sytax Olevia LT32HV LCD TV (used as monitor)

Comment

Does anyone understands why they changed quite logical dualhead configuration? Anyone at all?
              I mean there should be some benefits, I just haven't found any

Comment

Originally posted by prr
                Does anyone understands why they changed quite logical dualhead configuration? Anyone at all?
                I mean there should be some benefits, I just haven't found any
                Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Not to me!

G

Comment

ok, according to the help the 'favor image quality' and 'favor performance' is nothing more than the clone mdoe's syncing checkbox as found in the old drivers.

Anyway, I can't make the tv-out sync with the monitor in clone mode. When I set the clone mode to favor image quality, enable it and change the setting to favor performance, nothing changes and the display properties tab freezes and rundll32.dll uses up all free cpu time (and the only way to make it stop is to kill it in taskmanager). When I enable favor performance and afterwards enable clone mode, nothing happens again, and pdesk.exe uses up all free cpu time (and again the only way to make it stop is to use taskmanager).

seems to me that quite a bit of the dualhead stuff is broken in these drivers.... maybe that's related to this 'new' way to configure it?

btw. did anyone figure out yet how to position the tv-out on the g400 ?? they removed the very usefull drop-down box from the matrox monitor settings
                  Last edited by dZeus; 22 August 2001, 02:08.

Comment

ok, with monitor as secondary output device, syncing is possible without a prob. It's just impossible to make the monitor sync with a tv

and they've removed all the possibilities to position the tv-out in clone mode... aarg

edit:
                    dekstop schemes still don't store dualhead settings (arg), and I still can't switch to dekstop schemes with custom-added resolution, or to any desktop scheme when the desktop itself is set to a custom-added resolution (like 1440x1080).
                    Last edited by dZeus; 22 August 2001, 03:57.

Comment

New drivers on Windows XP

I use Windows XP RC2, and the new drivers works very good! Have tested all DualHead features now, and everything works!

Good job Matrox!!!!

Even before XP if oficialy released!

Comment

Well, the good thing is that the Bilinear Filtering in OpenGL is fixed since the W2K 5.52 ICD screwed it up ...
                        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

The W2K OGL ICD is fixed - fine! What about D3D? Any improvements apart from game fixes?

Comment

I dunno ... i didnt install the drivers, i just extracted the ICD Maybe i`ll do that ...
                            Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Anyone gotten these to work on the G200?

Edit: is it possible to copy G400ICD.DLL to C:\WINNT\system32\G200ICD.DLL and have it work?
                              Last edited by orangejulius; 22 August 2001, 10:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X