Problem with G200 Uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G200 Uninstall

Upgraded to a Radeon LE because i just couldn't wait any longer for a Matrox gaming card.

I have been using powerstrip for 2+ years to O/C my G200. I left it installed when I upgraded because I wanted to use it to adjust the clock on my Radeon LE. Also, I noticed during the G200 driver uninstall (before setting standard VGA adapter for the Radeon Install) that G200 specific files were deleted from many of my game folders (and possibly some application folders).

I suspect that one of the two situations above is responsible for the difficulty I've had setting resolutions on the Radeon and for the inability of several 2D games to operate (namely the AoE 2: Age of Kings Expansion). The screen just turns black when the actual gameplay starts. Same thing happens with Starcraft - another old standby.

I don't post here, but I read often enough to know that several of you caved in and bought a Radeon. Perhaps one of themore benevolent souls among those would be willing to help me? The one thing i dreaded giving up was Matrox's 2D performance, but i never thought it would be this bad.

Try uninstalling Powerstrip and installing it again... or reinstall Windows again (I know, pain in the butt)... or DirectX..or... - I´m confused now - all of the above...

Are you sure that´s not ATI´s drivers fault?

Comment

just out of interest, how did you uninstall the matrox drivers?

Comment

It could be ATi's fault

Ive got every game up and running again except for Age of Kings.

I upgraded and re-installed Powerstrip and that solved some issues. It was fighting with Windows over resolution settings.

I dont play AoK that much, but I have to admit that I wanted to try it in high res (1280x960) which wasnt exactly smooth with my old 8 meg G200 & PII.

Comment

Working...
        X