Questions on Drivers, G550 + poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Drivers, G550 + poll

I wasn't gunno post what what the h311, and IMHO it didn't quite fall under "Crystal Ball" umbrella so here goes.

Two seperate questions really:
    1. There's been alot of hype lately about nvidia re-optimizing the drivers to increase data bandwidth by reducing peak utilization, and paralellizing data access. (if you want to know more anandtech can better explain it than I can here ).
    I was wondering if the Matrox's Beta boys could tell us if such a thing is still possible with the G series or if that kind of stuff has pushed to the max

2. I'm sort of lost on this 'HeadCasting' thing. I guess what I really want to know is if the G550 has a T&L unit, and IF the G550 does, why didn't they make it available for games? I'd like the short & long answer if possible...

Thanks in advance,
    Whyzzi
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Heck I've been waiting for 2 years, whats another 2 years for their next product? (Hopefully it won't come to that)
    0%
    Whats a G550?
    0%
    ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

I'll try for #2 with the info I've read here and other sources...
    As far as I understand it, the G550 does have what can be refered to as a T&L unit, but, it's abilities are limited to what it involves in producing HeadCasting...
    and I also think I've read that this unit is programable so concievably if a developer wanted to use the calls avalible one could....

I figure this will either be completely wrong and someone will correct my "wrongness", which will result in your Q answered, or it'll just get more views being bumped

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
    X