This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Display Setup with Rainbow Runner G

(I do have this posted in Desktop Video, but, I need all the help I can get!)

I was previously running a g400max dh in windows 2000, with a rainbow runner g. However, with the 'true' dual head support (having separate resolutions and color depths for each monitor), I was not able to get my rainbow runner g working properly. With the added fact that I was getting less-than-exemplary gaming performance from my g400, I was forced to give it up. However, since I still wanted a dual display solution, I used my previous card, a PCI g200 along with my new video card, a geforce2.

To my question: Is it impossible to get my rainbow runner g to work with the g200, if the g200 is used as the secondary card? My machine continually crashes when I try to run quick connect after the video tools install. I've tried various combinations of drivers and video tools (i believe 5.39 and 2.0vt was one of the combinations I tried).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Puar

AMD 900 Mhz T-bird (slot a)
    512 Megs of pc133 Micron CAS3 ram
    CardExpert GeForce2
    Matrox G200 (8 megs sdram)
    Rainbow Runner G
    SBLive X-gamer
    MSI 6167 mb
    Macronix 10/100 Ethernet card
    Windows 2000 Professional w/ SP2

I understand your desire to get help, but please don't cross-post the same topic in multiple forums.
    Since this is RR-G related, the DTV forum is the correct place for this, so this copy will be closed.

And they will tell you the same as I am here...for RR-G (or ANY capture card from ANY manufacturer) to work, it MUST be connected to the PRIMARY display adapter.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X