AGP 4x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP 4x

OK, this has probably been addressed already but how can I activate AGP 4x on my G400?
    I've downloaded the tweak utility and put the AGP mode to 4x. My mobo BIOS (ASUS A7V) has AGP mode 4x enabled as well. However, when I reboot, both my card and mobo show AGP 1x in the tweak utility..... Same story when I try AGP 2x.
    Did I overlook something?
    KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Are you sure your card is capable of AGP 4x?

If i remember things right there should be a 4+ (????) in the product # on the card if it's capable of agp 4x!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

forget my previous answer!

If it is a agp 4x card the product # should look like this G4+MMDH4A32GR
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hmmmmm.... my product number is G4+MDHA/16/OE5

I thought this card would at least support AGP 2x.... ??
        KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

unless your agp bus is too noisy to use 2x AGP... the matrox cards do a simple read/write test on windows startup that will force 1x agp when the test fails at higher speeds.

Comment

You do not notice the difference between AGP 2x and 4x. You don't even do it between 1x and 2x in most games. That's a fact!
            my system:

AMD XP 2000+
            Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
            512MB SDRAM133
            Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
            Windows XP Prof

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
              unless your agp bus is too noisy to use 2x AGP...
              What does that mean? "too noisy"??

Originally posted by Surfwienix
              You do not notice the difference between AGP 2x and 4x. You don't even do it between 1x and 2x in most games. That's a fact!
              Yeah, but I don't believe that until I see it with my own eyes, that's why I wanted to try it out myself

Comment

"Too noisy" means that there is more than the permissible amount of electrical noise or interference in the AGP bus, resulting in the inability of the bus to handle data transfer at 2x speeds, and thereby defaulting to more stable 1x speed!
                Hope that helps
                Cheers
                Ovi

Comment

Working...
                X