ugly second display with G550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugly second display with G550

ok installed it in a buddies 1.2Ghz Athlon and his 2nd display, the one with the Adapter from Flatpanel to SubD, is lacking shades of Red..
    Now the monitor worked fine and flawlessly with the G200 I let him borrow till he got his G550... and Unfortunately there is no color controls on the monitor...
    The Primary display, a 20" Trinitron looks great....

Any suggestions? or anyone else have a simular experience?

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Yuck. This kind of thing is usually a broken connection inside the monitor cable. I'd just try jiggling stuff to see if you can locate the break.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yep, you hit it on the head, after playing with the adapter supplied with the card, I was able to get a better connection...

it seems the adapter or the interface doesn't make the greatest of connections...

thanks
      Craig
      1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

It sounds like you will get an RMA without much effort.

In the meantime, can you isolate exactly what is loose? It will help expedite things. Either in a monitor's manual, or online, you can find out which pin is the "red" pin, and try to follow that, maybe even using a magnifying glass to find a broken trace.

That's just me though. As a minimal solution,I would make sure it's a problem with the card. Then, see if there's a way that you can position the monitor cable that it gives you a good connection. I had an old monitor where I had contorted the monitor cable, and used masking tape to stick it on the back of my case, and keep it in the position where I'd get a good display.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yea, I narrowed it to the Adapter used to go from the SubD of the monitor to the Flatpanel out of the G550...
          The connection Does feel loose, ie movement even with the screws tightened...

I'll inspect the adapter looking for loose pins later... At the moment my friend is pleased that the monitor is displaying the correct image...

I prolly won't RMA the card, more than likely I'll either find a "possition" or I'll find the offending pin and make a better connection

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X